Serene...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With all the wonderful photos I get to see on this very forum, I feel a little inhibited about putting up my own for discussion, so the one I decided I'm going to present to you today got hidden somewhere in the Themes-Section under boats.

But when I brought home all my rolls of film from our last year's summer holidays, I used to say: "This is one that I'd enter into a competition, of all the photos I took, only this".

Do you like it, too?

31541775.jpg

Boat in the evening light, Maasholm, Slesvig-Holstein, Germany, July 2003
No technical data

Very interesting composition, having the main subject toward the upper part of the frame like that. I'd like a bit more frame above it, but not much. It's pretty close to perfect the way it is. I agree, it's definitely competition-worthy. The slight bit of grain and deep saturation really give it an aged, nostalgic look to it.

I agree with Shark. I'd also like to see a little more space on the right in addition to the top, but I don't know if the dock was there or not. Reflection pictures are pretty cool, as the reflection often becomes part of the main subject. I often see them getting cut off, ruining the effect, which you didn't do here. I like the color and grain, also.

markc said:
karissa said:
I second the others. I really like it. Is it just me or is it a little green?
I have no idea. My eye for color kinda stinks. One of the reasons I work mostly in B&W.

Well, it's not much... I'm just being picky. The orange just doesn't seem to be what it should IMO. But it could just be me.

I usually hesitate to comment on color pics here, simply because of monitor variations. For instance, this image will look completely different to me from home than it does here on this puke work monitor I have. It may indeed have a slight cyan cast, but nothing that destroys it at all. I like the composition and the feel of it.

Great image! :thumbsup:

Thank you all for commenting so kindly on this photo. It was the one out of over 600 from our last summer's holidays that I liked - well, there are other nice ones among the 600, but no other has "reached" me as much as this one.

What spoke to me from the start were the colours, or what little of them there are. But I was/am so happy about the fact that on the print (!) (scans from print cannot be as good as the original!) the soft tones of evening light, expressed in a light blue and light orange hue on the water are presenting themselves in the colour of the boat, too.

That, "dotted" (like an 'i') with the red flag... Without that red flag, it would have been boring.

I could not move the frame any higher, by the way (and this photo is just scanned, and in no other way changed, worked on or whatever) because then the bottom of another boat would have come into view, which I wanted to avoid at any cost. See?

Well, thank you again for looking at it. :)

I've just come across this one, what a beautiful photo, on my screen the colours look perfect, i don't detect any of the previously mentioned cast!

lovely picture - just as your title says -serene :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back