Series: 'The Invitation'

tekzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.micahweber.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i got a wedding invitation from my friend, we are both 24.. anyway i took his invitation, and different pieces of it, took some slower shutter shots of it, of different parts, showing dates..locations..name etc. I plan to mount them vertically from top to the bottom as you will see them below, and mount them onto a black posterboard so they cuold have something better than just a an invitation for them to remember, and they could have this forever...check it out:

everything_title.sized.jpg

front_text.sized.jpg

majority_title.sized.jpg

rsvp_title.sized.jpg

reception_title.sized.jpg

the_two_title.sized.jpg

*only editing: crops and borders and text

ooohhh, i like Micah! really nice series.

i LOVE the DOF in "one and a guest..." and "celebration..."
the colors are nice and warm too... good job!

What a stunning idea! They're going to treasure that gift for a long time to come.

Great execution of a well thought-out idea. I tip my cap to a super effort! :)

photobug said:
What a stunning idea! They're going to treasure that gift for a long time to come.

what he said. :salute:

Picksure said:
photobug said:

what he said. :salute:

what they said!

Can't believe you actually pulled off a decent series from something so simple. The only suggestion would be some white balance. (I'm prejudice against tungsten. Maybe not true white, but just a sugguestion.) I like it though. Good stuff. Was that a macro lens or stackable magnifiers?

Nagala said:
Can't believe you actually pulled off a decent series from something so simple. The only suggestion would be some white balance. (I'm prejudice against tungsten. Maybe not true white, but just a sugguestion.) I like it though. Good stuff. Was that a macro lens or stackable magnifiers?

well i think the colors it gives, (regarding your w/b suggestion),gives a warm feel, the lighting i used has a light brown cover on a lamp, to give that light to begin with...it was just the macro function of my Nikon 8700..

Now thats cool. Awesome idea, and well done also.

Most reactions

Back