Serious 1 car crash with injuries

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
This happened near my house the other day... The three people in the car had to be med flighted to the hospital.

26acc1.jpg

26acc2.jpg

26acc5.jpg

26acc8.jpg

Doug Raflik

It hurts me to look at these!
Not that they are bad.
They are GOOD photos!
But because they are so good (and the first so zoomed in, with the rescue people still at work inside the car), they tell such a story........ :pale: This along with Corry's story on her cousin's accident on the Off Topics... oh dear. :pale:

There is no two ways about it, that is carelessness, there is no reason a single vehicle should get that mangled by itself. I am quite surprised there where no DOA's.

Great shots. #4 is a little more artistic than journaliscit but it's a great shot none the less

We've had single car FATAL accidents on our roads here before. It is always a reaction to deer crossings then ... and the fact that all our roads are tree-lined. Sudden movement of the steering wheel, loss of control, flight into the trees...

We've had single car FATAL accidents on our roads here before. It is always a reaction to deer crossings then ... and the fact that all our roads are tree-lined. Sudden movement of the steering wheel, loss of control, flight into the trees...

A little off topic but...You may or may not know this but I attended school for auto body repair and refinishing, there they tought us how to disect a wreak just by looking at the vehicle. That vehicle hit that tree very hard and with the front of the vehicle. A roll would not only change the point of impact but kill some speed, the damage to the roof came after impact with the tree. I can't tell from these photos where the crease along the side came but it happened wile it was moving with out a doubt. almost all the damage is indicitive of excessive speed.

I won't be surprised to find out there may be a second vehicle involved that left the scene.

A little off topic but...You may or may not know this but I attended school for auto body repair and refinishing, there they tought us how to disect a wreak just by looking at the vehicle. That vehicle hit that tree very hard and with the front of the vehicle. A roll would not only change the point of impact but kill some speed, the damage to the roof came after impact with the tree. I can't tell from these photos where the crease along the side came but it happened wile it was moving with out a doubt. almost all the damage is indicitive of excessive speed.

The accident happened on a curve. The wreck is on the right side of the road, with the road curving to the left. The damage on the side of the car came from other trees to the right of the main tree you see with bark damage. The right side of the car scraped the initial trees, then hit the pictured tree head on, and it bounced to its final resting spot.

The accident happened on a curve. The wreck is on the right side of the road, with the road curving to the left. The damage on the side of the car came from other trees to the right of the main tree you see with bark damage. The right side of the car scraped the initial trees, then hit the pictured tree head on, and it bounced to its final resting spot.

That is what I had originally assumed (that or a guard rail), but that does conferm my point of excessive speed, the radiator is pushed back atleast a foot and a half. In order to push that thing in that far one has to be traveling at litterally (No pun intended) break neak speeds, that is why crumple zones are there and contrary to popular belief, they take some serious force to buckle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back