Seriously considering cancelling my D4... for a D800E ! Thoughts?

well I have a D800 on order, so tell you what, if you dont like your D4 we can trade :sexywink:

hahaha.. but are you getting the D800 E? If I go that way.. it will probably be for the E model.

Hmm.. trades.. sure ! But not an even trade.. although if you have two D800E's, I might consider it! :greenpbl:

just get yourself a D4, D800, AND D800E, that way you are covered. Oh, and pick up a couple for me while your at it.

just get yourself a D4, D800, AND D800E, that way you are covered. Oh, and pick up a couple for me while your at it.

I always felt like having more than two bodies was a waste.. one for shooting.. one for backup! And I really don't know why I bother with a backup, since I don't shoot professionally anymore. It just seems wrong not to have it! lol!

Unless you are female, young, good looking, and willing to be "really nice" for a long time.. you will have to buy your own cameras! ;)

Since you preordered the d4 you could likely sell it for as much or more then u paid for it.

Yes.. that is probably true.. but I know that once I get my hands on it, I won't want to let it go! lol!

I would stick with the D4, and this is just opinion based on some things I have read and my own thoughts that could be blown completely out of proportion and wrong, but more pixels while in theroy may seem great for big landscapes and big prints may not be the best thing. More pixels on the same size sensor means each pixel needs more light to capture the image. While that may certainly not be the case at all as who really knows how many megapixels it would take to start getting degrated image quality that would just be my opinion. Maybe this is just a conspiracy theroy in my mind, but why would nikon leave such a high density sensor like that in the D800 out of the D4? 36MP is very appealing to people and im sure they will sell more cameras because of that when it comes to people who really think megapixels is the all determining factor.

Please excuse my ignorance if my post seems dumb, just my quick thoughts on the matter

I would stick with the D4, and this is just opinion based on some things I have read and my own thoughts that could be blown completely out of proportion and wrong, but more pixels while in theroy may seem great for big landscapes and big prints may not be the best thing. More pixels on the same size sensor means each pixel needs more light to capture the image. While that may certainly not be the case at all as who really knows how many megapixels it would take to start getting degrated image quality that would just be my opinion. Maybe this is just a conspiracy theroy in my mind, but why would nikon leave such a high density sensor like that in the D800 out of the D4? 36MP is very appealing to people and im sure they will sell more cameras because of that when it comes to people who really think megapixels is the all determining factor.

Please excuse my ignorance if my post seems dumb, just my quick thoughts on the matter

I appreciate the thoughts! However.. did you know that the D800 currently holds the title at DXOMark for the highest score ever.. even beat the D4. It has also been conclusively shown that the D800 is only about a stop or so behind the D4 for ISO

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...858-eat-cake-dxomarks-highest-score-d800.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nikon/277886-test-result-out-dxomark-nikon-d800.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...536-some-high-iso-samples-d800-d4-others.html

Here is an interesting write-up of the D800. Has lots of low-light candid street shots done in Malaysia, as well as a couple drool-worthy food shots that show the **incredible** detail the D800 creates.
A (very detailed) first impressions review: The Nikon D800

hahaha... getting harder and harder to stay with that D4.... for the kind of shooting I do, at least! I was considering getting back into the game... which is one reason I was thinking D4. But don't really know if I want to put that much effort out!

Here is an interesting write-up of the D800. Has lots of low-light candid street shots done in Malaysia, as well as a couple drool-worthy food shots that show the **incredible** detail the D800 creates.
A (very detailed) first impressions review: The Nikon D800

Comments like his are saving me some pennies in my savings account. If the camera blows the D700 away I'm there but I can't find a reason to pull the trigger quite yet:

I don’t think the D800 is a general purpose tool. It definitely isn’t a run-and-gun photojournalist’s camera; in fact, I find it more demanding to shoot street with this than the Leica M9-P. It’s probably at a two stop or more disadvantage to the D700 if you want critical sharpness at the pixel level – firstly, you’ve got a slightly noisier sensor, and secondly, you’re going to need higher shutter speeds to maintain pixel integrity and combat camera shake. Although downsizing the files to 12MP yields lower noise and more detail than the D700, I don’t think I’ll be using the D800 for photojournalism at the moment; I’m going to have to figure out the AF and lens foibles first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back