Seriously, why are you here?

After jake337 posted that, I went over, had a look, and joined. The quality of the photography is excellent, but when one browsed the forums and the discussions, one finds (well, I do) that there are also a lot of snit-fits going on. Perhaps the bar is higher than in this forum, but people are still people, complete with egos, imperfect understanding of their own skills/talent, ideological agendas, and occasional personal vendettas. The difference seems to be that many of the shots posted in this forum (with some notable exceptions) are snap-shotish in that there's not much thought given to the structure and creation of the image, whereas on that forum there seems to be much more focus on getting the image right. Of course, with greater technical quality, one sees the artistic aspects more clearly (or sees that those were poorly expressed). I do agree that in general the quality of the critiques is much better and certainly if that level of critique was common here, we'd all be better off from a learning and sharing perspective.

Oh, and I looked to see if there were any bacon shots there - didn't see any. So I guess this means they are either sensitive to sensibilities of Jews and Muslims, or not up to that level of tomfoolery. Eh, it takes all kinds, and this place puts a smile (sometimes happy, sometimes wry, sometimes pained) on my face. Cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back