Setting ISO on a Nikon D610 question

Lonnie1212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to be able to manually set the ISO in the manual mode. Then if I set the camera to automatic no flash. To let the camera decide the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. I was able to do that on the D3200 without any issue. It was easy. But on the D610 it gets stuck on one ISO and won't change when I switch to automatic.

Let me play with mine. I always turn auto iso on/off, so you could do that. I also have easy iso turned on.

I have the D3200 and the D610 both in the exact same ISO sensitivity settings in the menu: ISO sensitivity 100, Auto ISO sensitivity control is OFF, Maximum sensitivity is Hi1, Minimum shutter speed is set to off. Both cameras are adjustable in the Manual Mode. But in the no flash automatic mode the D610 ISO will stay in whatever ISO mode the manual setting was set for. The ISO will not change in different areas of less and greater light. Now the D3200 is totally automatic in the no flash automatic mode. The ISO will freely fluctuate between 1600 and 3200 depending on the light in the area.

I 'think maybe' I solved the problem. I set the D610 in the automatic no flash mode. Then I went into the ISO sensitivity settings and set the ISO sensitivity setting to 'Auto'. Now in the automatic mode. I can walk from room to room in the house and see the ISO settings change automatically. I can also go back into the manual mode and control everything manually. I sat in my truck and cussed the camera for 2 1/2 hours tonight. But on a whim I set the camera in the automatic mode and presumably corrected the setting.

Yeah when I go from m,a,s,p in a set iso to auto or auto no flash, when I check iso it says auto. It even shows iso-auto on the LCD panel.

upload_2019-12-30_12-37-18.png

There is a lot to know about the D610. After navigating through the menu, I can probably say I won't use 1/2 of the available features.

If it's any help, Tony Northrup does some good guides to setting-up and using a lot of different cameras, here is his for your D610:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back