Setting sun over flooded meadows (8 pics)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Daylight savings time accounts for the fact that just now the sun sets right after I have dropped Sabine off at the swimming pool at night (shortly before 7:30h), and nature offers us some great sunsets of late (it is about time, eh ;)!?!?!). So yesterday I could not make myself leave the house without my trustworthy Canon Powershot in my pocket, and yesterday I decided to go look for where the river floods all the meadows around it. After the snow we had and the thaw there just is too much water there right now. So I tried to capture the setting sun's reflection in those "temporary lakes" ;).

136030687.jpg

(Here you see some flooding in the background only)

136034036.jpg

(A pano crop)

136030697.jpg

136030701.jpg

136032708.jpg

136030707.jpg

136030703.jpg

136030694.jpg

The colours were more intense on the night before, what with the storm that had preceded the sunset, but I also like the "temporary lakes" ;).

Thanks, thanks, thanks, your latest contribution is very beautiful, too!!!

BEAUTIFUL sunset Corinna! and you've got some really sweet captures in here! :D
my fave would be#1... awesome compo :)
nice series.. thanks for sharing :D

These are beautiful Corinna. Very nicely captured!!!

great shots corinna, i really like the last three :thumbup:

beautiful! 1, 6, & 7 are my favs, the reflection adds so much to the sunset photos! great captures... :thumbup:

These are awesome Corinna, 2,6 and 7 and 8 are my fav. and outstanding! I enjoy and marvel at the beauty of your area, even if they are flooded fields.

Wow these are great.
I am really enjoying all these you have been posted. Keep 'em coming. :thumbup:
Glad that these sunsets are working into your schedule. Lucky us. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see more.

Thanks so much to all.
No sunset today.
For two reasons: a) it was raining all day and there was no sun (and no eclipse to be seen, either :irked: all day, and b) Sabine has a cold and I say "No swimming! - so you can nip this in the bud until you leave for training camp, much rather than ignoring the signs so you get seriously ill in training camp, far away from us, ourselves being even further away (i.e. at the Meet-Up in DC!)" So sorry. I think my next photos up here to come will have to be the ones from New York and the meet-up...

what marvelous work you've been sharing lately Corinna.

simply beautiful!

Most reactions

Back