Setting up my photoselling website and protection

sikanx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi , i have been shooting since many years ago and i recently decide that i could make a fortune out of it.

Anyway, since i am not too computer-savvy so i let a friend of mine to setup my own photo selling website and do all the hosting etc.

I am wondering what is the best way to protect my photos from stolen, i cant trust my friend 100% and he will have access to all my images, thank you

Store them in a bank vault...got to protect those fortunes.:confused:

A good database program for look ups and store them in as many places as you can. I use an external and internal hardrives as well as web storage. You can't have to many back ups.

I am wondering what is the best way to protect my photos from stolen, i cant trust my friend 100% and he will have access to all my images, thank you
Protect them from your friend stealing them as he's putting them on your website? I guess all you can really do for that is get a new friend.

If you want to stop people visiting the site from stealing them, there still isn't a whole lot you can do.

You can limit it to some extent, but nothing you do can 100% prevent it.

If you can see it, you can steal it.

You can make the online previews too small for a good print (but some people will do it anyway). You can slap a big watermark on it, but then there's a big watermark on it, lol. You can disable 'right clicking' on it, but people can still just take a screenshot...

Besides DVD and external drive backups, you can buy domain name at Godaddy ($10/Year) and get 10Gb of free storage.

About your website, did you think about buying turn key platform ? Or use any of open source galleries ?

Most reactions

Back