several bird shots from yesterday

molsen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went for a walk by the river downtown yesterday and filled up 2 1gb memory cards. here are some of the bird shots. i made most of them look sort of dark and gloomy as an experiment and i like they way most of them turned out. makes the birds look a little evil :greenpbl:

anyways, c&c is always appreciated

image00054.png

image00056.png

image00057.png

image00058.png

image00059.png

image00060.png

I really like the bird in motion on #1 and #2.

What lens did you use here? In your sig, your longest is 80 mm but it seems like you would need longer than that for this?

thanks for the comments!
I really like the bird in motion on #1 and #2.

What lens did you use here? In your sig, your longest is 80 mm but it seems like you would need longer than that for this?
yea, that's the lens I used. these birds were used to people, i guess, and let me get awfully close. once I got really close, I'd stomp my foot and hold down the shutter button and snap several shots as they flew away. then they'd come right back to where they were perched lol so i had lots of chances to get it right

thanks for the comments!
yea, that's the lens I used. these birds were used to people, i guess, and let me get awfully close. once I got really close, I'd stomp my foot and hold down the shutter button and snap several shots as they flew away. then they'd come right back to where they were perched lol so i had lots of chances to get it right

:lol:

well i had to make them fly somehow! in all honesty, i was nervous to stand closer than i was to them. with my lens at its widest, i could barely fit the whole bird in the frame i was so close lol

Photo 2 is good, and for once I even BEGIN to like the vignetting (I don't normally like it at all), but all in all I prefer the lighter ones (must be my "cheerful-Corinna-personality"). Hence I like how the light gets caught in the gull's eye in 5 (but not the vignetting), and the lighter tone of 6.

I like 2 best indeedo,

I like the whole color of everything.

thanks for the comments! i def. like #2 the most too....

i know i probably overdid the vignetting on #5. it was sort of an experiment to make the bird look evil lol

I love love love #5 and really like # 3!

Most reactions

Back