SEX - now that i have your attention, i want to know how to make money with my photos

spencer2004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, i have loads of really good photos and i would like to sell some, so it there any way i can send them somewhere. and also if anyone wants to buy some contact me plz and ill send you some (with copyright marks)

Maybe you can open an account at one of the online photo sharing sites, some have "Pro" accounts that allow you to sell prints through them. I think Shutterfly is one that does this. Not a lot of help, I know, but this really isn't a simple question to answer.

mysteryscribe has it right. You have to take a photo that someone would want, or you need to be paid for your talent to take photos that the client would want.

The first would be flowers and the like that usually have wide appeal. Using online accounts you tend to get lost in a sea of others doing the same thing. If you can make a collection to put in a local gallery, or renting a table at a local fair etc... would probably be the best ways.

The second would fall into family portraits, wedding photography etc..

I think using the second method of being paid for your time is the easier way to get into making money from photography. The 1st is more difficult in my opinion.

The answer is simple. Hard work.

Do you have a website? How do you market yourself?

-Dewey

Mysteryscribe has it right...and if anyone here has experience he does. Theres a big difference between photos that people might want to look at for a minute and really like and a photo that someone would be willing to buy and hang on the wall or set on their coffee table. Once you jump across that crevace, then you would be well on your way and at a place many people haven't made it to.

well i was looking for a quick solution that dosent require me moving much but thanks anyway!

I havent sold any photos but after talking to some that have and reading through the boards the one thing I have learned is that there is no easy, quick solution to selling your work. It seems there is a lot of luck, hard work, and being in the right place at the right time. I absolutely love photography and hope to someday have a business but I have to admit that photography isnt a predictable business venture.

Another option is if there is a local art show at an arts center, they may be willing to host some of your pictures for sale. We have a fine arts building here in downtown frederick that does just that. I have been meaning to take a trip down there to see what I have to do to have my pictures on their walls.

You can always try to find some small cafes around your area.

They get free artwork to hang on their walls, and if someone wants to buy it, you get the money. Then you just give them another picture to hang. Now I have never tried this myself just read it on the forums :) sounds like it could work tho

Most reactions

Back