Sexy and violent

mpdc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey is there anyway to adjust the mirror image?
Susan%20with%20sword.jpg

and another
Susan%20with%20the%20sword.jpg

Subject has potential, background is horribly inappropriate. Samurai and electrical fixtures dont blend. take the lady OUTSIDE.

Fullpower said:
Subject has potential, background is horribly inappropriate. Samurai and electrical fixtures dont blend. take the lady OUTSIDE.
That might not work right now. but I like the concept. (a half neked white woman in SE with a sword MAY get some attention) Anyone know how to remove that reflection in the mirror?

mpdc said:
Anyone know how to remove that reflection in the mirror?
You could do it in Photoshop but it wouldn't look natural.... I would take Fullpower's advice and go w/out that background, maybe use that barier that is next to her as a backdrop....

don't use that flash... try some exterior lighting, maybe a lamp or something.

Just try some other set-ups. B&W might work well for this type of photo.

Also something very important for taking photos of women is to have their hair combed perfectly, you usually can't tell when you're taking the photos but it will look a LOT better if the hair is combed.... just little things like that make or break a photo.

JonMikal, one question (other than saying that your attempt to "put her outside in freezing temperatures" is ever so funny! :D): when you cut her out of the original like this, do you really have to pull the cutting line around her with the mouse freehandedly? I always shake so much when I do, I leave it. I then can no longer be bothered. It's such a hard job to do!

LaFoto said:
JonMikal, one question (other than saying that your attempt to "put her outside in freezing temperatures" is ever so funny! :D): when you cut her out of the original like this, do you really have to pull the cutting line around her with the mouse freehandedly? I always shake so much when I do, I leave it. I then can no longer be bothered. It's such a hard job to do!

You can use the extract tool. It lets you paint the area to extract out.

LaFoto said:

Easiest way I find to cut things out is to zoom in to the photo, use the bezier tool - like a fountain pen - and click around the figure, that way if you make a shake, you can delete the last point and carry on. Once you've completely gone round your subject, click on the Paths tab on the layers pallette, find the path that you have created, click on it and drag it down to the 'Load Path as Selection' icon at the bottom of the pallette - about the 3rd one in, then you have a selevtion of your selection, you can feather it a bit to take out any jagged edges, cut it out, copy it as a layer or do whatever you like with it.

Saves Shaking :thumbup:

LaFoto said:

Same!~ you have to have steady hands!~ which i don't have...

The ONLY (and I really cant empahasise enough on this) and I mean ONLY way to crate a professional cut out of an image is to use the bezier tool (assuming you are using photoshop).
MY first step is to open the image and duplicate the background (A MUST).
You then need to create a new path, then use the bezier tool (which does take a little bit of getting used to - but keep with it, after a while it really is easy) to trace around the image.
Remember - You need to to this at 100% minimun enlaregement, possibly 200% so you can accurately see what you are doing.
Always make sure you make your path is slightly inside the area you require (ie if youre cutting out a person and going down an arm, make sure your path is JUST on the arm - NOT outside the arm)
Once you have mastered this tool and created your path, make your path a selection and feather it by 1pixel, then you can either drag your selected image onto another open photoshop document or delete the unwanted area (NOTE - ALWAYS DO THIS TO A DUPLICATED IMAGE SO YOU STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL WITH THE BACKGROUND ON).

Next step is to think about how the lighting falls on both your background and new foreground image - do you need to render some lighting? Do you need to look at where shadows should fall etc!

Hope this helps, I promise that tool is the only true way to do it!!!

Happy Cutting out!

well LaFoto, seems you have received your answer and then some. i am by no means a PS expert and simply freehanded this in a few minutes. im glad you asked the question; now i know the proper method! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back