Sexy beach

who was being an ass?
and who is the moderator that stepped in?

if i was the ass i do apologize. there are other things on my list of crits. i just thought the shadow really killed it for me so i didnt go further.

she seems to be pulling her neck back, and its causing some unflattering wrinkles underneath.
also, when youre going to have a model bare skin that was previously covered, you have to remove the article or at lest take it off that spot well before the shots. this allows the skin to "pop back out" and you can avoid unsightly lines like the ones created by the waistband of the underwear. happens a lot with bra straps too.

thats my full constructive crit. sry if i was harsh before.

Last edited:
I was referring to this post.

amateurish. Low angle, horrible shadows, uninspired pose.
He was being pointed with his remarks, not being an ass. The comments are valid.

Let's play a game of baseball, not keep score and have pizza and ice cream afterwards. That would be nice, wouldn't it? Nobody learns $h1t, but it'd be nice.

fuck that....let's have pizza now!

Kundalini.. if you really think comments like that do not sound like an ass, there is really something wrong with you. No wonder people join this forum and do not come back after a few posts.

Since you were referring to MY critique, perhaps I should respond.

First, I made that critique and I stand by it. One reason I don't spend a lot of time here is because a lot of people here expect to hear the "oh great picture" and nothing more. I was one of those people once upon a time.

Second, I, of all people, know about "break the rules" of photography. I have defended my own photographs here and was given hell for it, so I know what it means when someone receives negative critique.

Third, the harshest critique is often the most honest. A shot like this was taken for one reason only, the girl was being sexy.

However, the problem with that is, a chick pulling down on her knickers doesn't really make for a good photograph. There's lots here that is wrong, but a LOT of model photographers start out shooting this kind of stuff, because, well, when a girl is tugging on her undies, it's quite easy to forget about things like composition, lighting, technique... the male brain just see's teh sexiness and takes a picture.

Since I do model photography primarily, I understand this more than most possibly, and so I felt this needed a reply, however a short one. I almost just wrote that it was amateurish and left it at that, but figured it deserved some sort of explanation on why I thought this way. Someone had already mentioned the shadows, which were ridiculous, but I also feel that this pose, common in the new-photographer-taking-hot-picture area, was rather uninspired.

In my experience girls rarely walk around smiling and pulling on the sides of their panties/bathingsuit bottoms, etc, and when they do it's hardly with two thumbs unless they are REALLY taking them off.

I believe in realism in a photograph, capturing an emotion that a pose might portray, and this kind of photograph doesn't give me any sense of that. I will give the photographer a few kudos for at least being lower, a lot of photographers would be at eye level for this kind of photograph.

Most reactions

Back