SF at night...

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm getting closer to my money shot. went to the area to scope things out. next time i go, ill be in the right position. these are 2 picture pano's, stitched together in photoshop. i was also playing around with the adaptive wide angle filter in CS6 - pretty sick tool! anyway, i can only wish these had a more dramatic sky. -i went last night, as is it supposed to rain today, thinking that the clouds rolling in would provide some sweetness... no luck.

SFnight2 by keips66, on Flickr

SFNight-1 by keips66, on Flickr
i know these shots have been done before and are iconic sf skyline shots, the next one will be a little more difficult.
oh i forgot to mention i used a circular polarizer on here to drag the shutter a little more.
thoughts???

Compositionally, I like #2 much more. Seeing the bridge straight on really doesn't do it for me from this distance. Perhaps if you were much closer, or on the bridge, it would work, but to me I really like the second one. Very nice!

#2, FTW. Nice concept, good execution as well. Looks nice.

yeah cool thanks! i like #2 slightly better as well. something about #1 and the bridge being dead centered makes the composition a little off...

You could save #1 by cropping most of the other stuff out. Of course I am bridge nut so this appeals.

$sfbridge.jpg

as i was editing these i thought to myself... the bridge by itself would have been a sick shot. i should have pulled out the 70-200 and got a real nice one of just the deck... i think I'm headed back soon so that will be another one ill try to get...

as i was editing these i thought to myself... the bridge by itself would have been a sick shot. i should have pulled out the 70-200 and got a real nice one of just the deck... i think I'm headed back soon so that will be another one ill try to get...

Yeah if I were there I would only shoot the bridge, to hell with the city!

that just gave me some other really good ideas :)

At first I thought this was the Golden Gate Bridge for a second and was like wait this makes no sense, then I realized it's they Bay Bridge. Both good shots, I def. like number 2 better.

I rather like #1. The clouds in it are excellent, whereas in #2 you appear to have.. done something. Something BAD! #1 is an angle we see a lot of on the GG bridge, since there's some places on some of the standard trails in Marin where you get that view, so everyone shoots it and dumps it on flickr. I have not seen that particular angle on the Bay Bridge, though!

hmmm, i think the only thing different in these shots is the shutter speed and the time of day... so the clouds could have moved more to be less dramatic if you can imagine? the time in between these two shots was several minutes, which i can attribute to the sun setting further over the horizon and the more blue hue of the sky coming out...there were some tree branches i cloned out... in #2. but i don't think i adversely effected the sky...

Cliche maybe... but nicely shot, none the less! :thumbup:

The second shot seems to be INSANELY blue to me, whereas the first one is a pleasingly bluish grey, colorful but not surreal. Are you seeing this, or is this one of those stupid colorspace things popping up, that make no sense to me but seem to explain so much?

it is blue. a lot blue-r than the first. i only adjusted slightly different in post. could be a levels adjustment that effected the saturation. or just the way the light went i guess?

Maybe! I'm just happy we're both seeing it ;)

Anyways, I like the sky much more in the first one.

Most reactions

Back