SF Financial District Walkabout

motojoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.anvilimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I headed to SF on BART with some photo friends and set out to shoot with a 40D and only one lens, a Sigma 10-20mm. Here's three (hand-held) HDR's that I while in the Financial District.

Downtown Flowers
849871476_WXdPX-800x800-1.jpg

The Space Race
849871647_RVJPK-800x800.jpg

Among Giants
849871858_qEzwt-800x800.jpg

There have been some differing opinions on hand-held HDR (as well HDR for that matter!) and I've written some of my thoughts down along with these images, most likely opening a can of worms... Check that out here:

Hand-held HDR and SF Financial District – Anvil Image: San Francisco Photography and HDR Images

Thanks for looking!

-joe

I like the first photo the best, the roses with the sky contrast really well. I think you do very tasteful HDR photos, they aren't entirely blow out like many I have seen.

Well done!

I work in one of the buildings in your series....great captures of the skyline!

Cheers!

I like the first photo the best, the roses with the sky contrast really well. I think you do very tasteful HDR photos, they aren't entirely blow out like many I have seen.
+1 The first one looks like it can be on a postcard or visitors brochure. The second one is very good too, but i think it lacks the composition of the first. Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

nice! i always find that handheld HDR's are fun. How do you go about yours? i just put mine on autobracket and blast of 5fps to get my 5 shots. Haha.

@Ares: thanks for the compliment! I usually try to be somewhat realistic with my HDR, but this one is a *little*over done in the sky... but I liked the look!

@Sheltiefan: Thanks! Ever grab anything good from up in one of those towers?

@JoeT: Thank you... #3 was the background on my iPhone for quite awhile but #2 is next in line. :)

@D-B-J: I was shooting a 40D when I took these and the burst rate is much better than my 5Dii. I try to just get as solid as I can (I brace against something if possible), find/lock my focus, take a deep breath and take a 3 frame burst.

Did you watch the Joe Mcnally vid I posted on my blog?

Nice shots! I agree with the others, these HDR's are done well. Love the color, contrast, sharpeness. No. 1 is my favorite. This gives me ideas. Thanks!

Hey motojoe,

I haven't really grabbed any keepers from the floors I've worked on.

I wish I could get to the roof to avoid shooting through glass. I did get a couple of the Bay Bridge when it was completely empty of cars back when that i-bolt broke and they shut the bridge down.....unfortunately I didn't have my tripod or longer glass to really capture it well.

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots!

Cheers,

~sheltiefan

Most reactions

New Topics

Back