SFO Downtown - Photo Review Needed

RK.D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I am an amateur photographer who just started photography one month back! just needed few suggestions.

I recently took a picture of SFO downtown,

$775006_319359754831057_1356339281_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-In-A-Flashǃ-By-RK/319105831523116

Please give me your reviews & Opinions!

Thanks!
- RK

Last edited:
Could you post them here? I don't go to Facebook anymore these days, as might some others here.

You will do much better if you post the shots here. Many of us will not click a link to do C&C... but would be glad to if you take the time to post it.

Attached :) It's from facebook so it will be compressed however, please have a look!

Seems overly saturated and too yellow...did you pump up the color? Also, the attention seems divided between the hi-rises and the road, a crop would help to accentuate one or the other - I'd go with the hi-rises. The level is also a bit off (the buildings are not straight up). I presume your goal here is to show SF at sunset? Anyway, I created a crop, but then realized your settings say it's not OK to edit your images...if you change that, I'll post my edit (as may others here).

What was your intent with this image?

Looks like a snap shot, not quite sure where/what you want the viewer to be looking at.

At the risk of being a d**k, but SFO is the code for the airport, not downtown San Francisco. Two different locations.

Seems overly saturated and too yellow...did you pump up the color? Also, the attention seems divided between the hi-rises and the road, a crop would help to accentuate one or the other - I'd go with the hi-rises. The level is also a bit off (the buildings are not straight up). I presume your goal here is to show SF at sunset? Anyway, I created a crop, but then realized your settings say it's not OK to edit your images...if you change that, I'll post my edit (as may others here).

Could you please post it here, I want to learn more!

RK.D, you will find that people can be very helpful IF they have your permission to change the photos, and to do that you need to go to your profile and change the setting to allow edits.

RK.D, you will find that people can be very helpful IF they have your permission to change the photos, and to do that you need to go to your profile and change the setting to allow edits.

Done. Now could you please help?

Thanks!

well, unfortunately everyone crtiques but nobody actually helps :\

Can someone modify my image and correct me please?

well, unfortunately everyone crtiques but nobody actually helps :\

Can someone modify my image and correct me please?
Unfortunately I am not a professional however I am willing to give you my opinion on how it should look. Keep in mind I am also a beginner but hear is how i think the image should be cropped and color corrected. Once again I am not a professional. I am trying to learn to.
$c.jpg

There's not much to review or critique.
Its a snapshot that documents the street.
You aren't showing anything specific, the viewer has no idea of what you think is interesting or important.
The tops of the buildings are blown out from the bright sunlight.

You pointed the camera and pressed the button and the camera did the rest.
If you had a purpose or an idea, it didn't come through.

Idea, composition, execution -> picture

Most reactions

Back