SGRB VS adobe RGB setting

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
anyone use the adobeRGB

i use light room to fix up my photos so i was thinning of trying out that adobe color setting on the camera
but first i just curious why you do you like to use the adobeRGB setting on the camera. if you like that, if not why not

i usualy shoot in raw and than save my photos to jpeg after i am done and keep the raw copy too. i see i can save a jpeg to SRGB or adobe RGB. so that is one more thing to play with.

Raw has no color space, so neither the sRGB nor the Adobe RGB will have any effect on your Raw files.

Image editing experts recommend using as broad a color space as you can for editing (working color space). In most cases that will be the ProPhoto RGB color space, which is not a choice in the camera. In fact the Lightroom Develop module uses a color space - Melisa RGB - that is very close to having the same wide color gamut as the ProPhoto RGB color space.

Once you are done editing is when you assign a color space that is appropriate for the image use. The web is sRGB. Some print labs can print from the Adobe RGB color space, but all of them can print from sRGB. For offset press printing we usually need to use the CMYK color model instead of one of the RGB color model color spaces.

Working Space Comparison: sRGB vs. Adobe RGB 1998

Last edited:
thank you, i think that response pretty much cleared it up for me. ill shoot in raw than save it as a sRGB jpeg

i have not looked at the link you posted yet but ill check that out now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back