Shades Of Zen

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tiny 2" tall vase was a gift many years ago from a Chinese delegation visiting our plant. Our recent landscaping project involved planting these tiny delicate flowers which just seemed to be a perfect match. Pentax 35mm, ISO 100, F/10, 1/125. C&C always appreciated.

Red flower07152017_641-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

I like the lighting on the vase and the three blooms. But, the big but, the whole thing appears unbalanced ... the vase is too close to the center not to be symmetrical and the stems above the blooms don't carry enough weight to balance well with the blooms and the lighting on the stems is uneven.

I like the lighting on the vase and the three blooms. But, the big but, the whole thing appears unbalanced ... the vase is too close to the center not to be symmetrical and the stems above the blooms don't carry enough weight to balance well withthe blooms and the lighting on the stems is uneven.

Yeah I wondered about that. I tried it with the vase centered but that didn't seem to work either. These little flowers seem to be blooming from the bottom up. The "stems" above are buds. Need to look at the arrangement again.

@Gary A. Well the sun is up and the flowers are gone till in the morning again. Strange they just wilt away as the day progresses to return the next morning. I found one more that I tried as a single. Shortened, centered and simplified. Any better??

Red flower07152017_642-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back