shadows?

NoelNTexas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you guys think the shadows are too bad in this picture?

tonya2.jpg

I think the shadows in her eyes are a bit dark, and I'd like to see some catch lights...but other than that, I like the shadows and lighting.

and umm whats a catch light? Sorry Ive been in photography for a total of about 2 weeks now..

even the lighting on her face is almost completely flat except for immediately surrounding her bangs.

Max: have you looked at her chin? Under her nose? At her other eye (shadow given by the brow section)? You cannot seriously be calling this "flat".
Yes, I feel the shadows in her face are too strong.
You would have needed another light source at an angle behind your left shoulder somewhere, I think.

Max: have you looked at her chin? Under her nose? At her other eye (shadow given by the brow section)? You cannot seriously be calling this "flat".
Yes, I feel the shadows in her face are too strong.
You would have needed another light source at an angle behind your left shoulder somewhere, I think.

i agree partially here, certainly not flat. but also not too strong ... the shadows are not effective though. In this image they work in a bad way.

so different light is needed certainly... I leave the setup to the experts though.

her skin tone is great and works well for shooting im going to agree the shadows are to much but try different lighting its good for just starting out. Id like to see more of her try some outside daylight shots keep me updated

p.s she is a very beautiful girl

You will see much more of her im sure, she is my call at the drop of a hat model... Also, what do you guys think of the camera I use? Is it good for shots like this? I have a very limited budget so I am having to makeshift with what I have on no skill lol.

Also, what do you guys think of the camera I use? Is it good for shots like this?

I guess I'll be first to say this: It's not the equipment it's the results.

For being so new you are definatley doing a very good job.
I haven't done many portraits (not studio ones anyways) but of the ones I have they weren't near as good as this.

Keep shooting and take the advice of all the wise ones on here.

i think the shadows in the set are fine since it makes the object pop out more. I would however put the makeup on the makes the face shine more so it could pop out even more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back