abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
760bw3506.jpg

760bw3523.jpg

Good ones!
Good idea also to only bring out the contrast between the sunlet part and the part in shadow and to be working with lines and shapes and patterns and textures only, leaving out a horizon and everything!

I really can't tell which of these two I like better.
I like them both.

The first looks softer, for the lines are more wavey. I might wish for just a little less blurry foreground rock, that is all, I did some "scroll-cropping" on my screen and found I like it better if the bottom were cropped until the two little "waning moon" shadows are no longer to be seen.

The second looks a lot harder and much more serrated. Good to see how the dividing line between light and shadow is a diagonal.

Thanks Treymac and LaFoto.

I did some sharpening, but not a whole lot. I'm thinking of including and reprocessing another shot from near the same area to make a series of three showing light and shadow.

400bw1331.jpg

I agree about the crop. I have to see how the other two will fit likewise as I want them all to be printable at the same size.

These are nice, I like # 3 the most, I was in the Badlands summer last year, did not get any this good, have a lot of bad luck

These are nice, I like # 3 the most, I was in the Badlands summer last year, did not get any this good, have a lot of bad luck

I noticed the environment similarities in the shots you posted awhile back. These are from Death Valley below Zabrieski Point and Golden Canyon. Looking at yours got me to dredge these up and do some work on them.

Thanks both ways. :)

Any chance you could post a link to a gigantic version? At this res, they look very low in detail and way too contrasty, but I get the feeling they need to be viewed at a higher res/larger size to really appreciate them.

Any chance you could post a link to a gigantic version? At this res, they look very low in detail and way too contrasty, but I get the feeling they need to be viewed at a higher res/larger size to really appreciate them.

Truthfully Max, nah. Just a lot more trouble than the process is worth at the moment. You're probably right though, at least about the low detail and contrast. Thanks for the look and the comments.

Most reactions

Back