Shags / Cormorants (image heavy)

nzmacro

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we call them "Shags" no idea why, but there ya go :) Slightly different in the colours and details of some of your Cormorant's. Just love watching the antics these get up to, always makes me smile these nutty birds. Little Shag and the Pied Shag these ones.

1: Does my butt look big in this

orig.jpg

2: Completely mad I tell ya

orig.jpg

3: Who me, I'm not mad

orig.jpg

4: Oh yes you are !!

orig.jpg

5: Oh yeah, that's a good perch for a Cormorant. Sheesh.

orig.jpg

6: Just low flying

orig.jpg

7: Coming at ya

orig.jpg

8: Going home with a stick, why not

orig.jpg

9: Cruising

orig.jpg

10: Mum and the kids. Get your heads out of my throat

orig.jpg

Sony NEX-7 and Canon FD 300 F/2.8L and the 500 F/4.5L

All the best folks.

Dany.

Awesome shots Danny. Can't really pick a favorite from these shots, but #8 is mind-blowing. BTW what is that bird in #5, looks a bit like cormorants but a little different.

Awesome shots Danny. Can't really pick a favorite from these shots, but #8 is mind-blowing. BTW what is that bird in #5, looks a bit like cormorants but a little different.

Thanks Raj. It is a Cormorant, they all are in this post. That is what we call a "little black shag" or Cormorant. Very small for a Cormorant that species, the smallest we have here Raj. I love them and about the size of a very small sea gull or Tern.

All the best over there Raj and thanks again.

Danny.

A+, Danny. I don't see how you nail those more-or-less head on BIF shots with MF. Mum and the kids is super. Lee

All are absolutely stupendous. But a cormorant sitting on an antler has to be a one of.

Awesome shots! Can't decide which is my favorite, I like them all! Although #10 while eating lunch isn't advisable. :)
Love the eye coloring on your cormorants!

All are absolutely stupendous. But a cormorant sitting on an antler has to be a one of.

Yeah that's a fairly unique one for here Brain. I got quite a shock to see it to be honest. Its a set of antlers fixed to boat ramp poles and it sits over a river, so a good viewpoint for it I guess. Theres a remote boat shed just to the right on that shot.

All the best folks and thanks :)

Danny.

Last edited:
Fantastic shots again! Our cormorants are not nearly as cool looking...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back