shakedown ride

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
I recently purchased a Pelican case to use as a top case on my V Strom. It has a quick connect mechanism so the case goes on & off very rapidly without tools. I got it specifically to carry my camera gear on the bike.

Friday (4/6) I got it mounted up and took it for a little 235 mile spin to see if it was going to stay on the bike. Worked like a champ & I'm pleased. Here's a couple of pics of the day.

1. First stop- Ice Harbor Dam on the lower Snake river.
dam_loop070406_07.jpg

2. Second stop- Lower Monumental Dam, upstream from Ice Harbor.
dam_loop070406_08.jpg

3. The obligatory mirror self-portrait.
dam_loop070406_09.jpg

4. Pulled over to stretch my legs before the twisty road across the river.
dam_loop070406_05.jpg

5. A closer view of the river & the clouds.
dam_loop070406_10.jpg

6. Last stop- Palouse Falls. Faint rainbow from the spray.
dam_loop070406_06.jpg

7. And a shot down the canyon toward shots #4 & 5. Totally blew the exposure on this one, so I cropped the top off.
dam_loop070406_13.jpg

WOW the last four are fantastic

I really like #5, its got great exposure and the river winds your eye through the picture...also #4, love those hills in the background and the bike adds a modern feel to it!

well done!!
garrentee

deggimatt- thanks, the sky around here makes up for the lack of trees. Most of the time. :er:

Garrentee- Thanks, it's a very scenic spot. It was my first time being on this side of the river this far upstream. I'll have to go back again.

schumionbike- This area can surprise the hell out of you sometimes. You're driving along for miles & miles looking at those rolling brown hills & then wham! Hello! Lookee here, neat stuff. Lived here most of my life & it still surprises me. And yes, the Strom is a hoot & a half. Especially on the twisties. :thumbup:

Shoothoops- thanks, that one may be the best of the series.

Oooo, I like Photo 7 and no one will ever know why :greenpbl: ! :biggrin:
I must send a link to this thread to "hamburger", she will be interested in these (for you took them on a bike tour!).

Nice shots - my favourite ones are ## 4 (which might have been rather dull without the Strom) and 5!

Yeah, LaFoto, sure I'm interested! Even though I know full well I'll never ride a V-Strom - I'd need a stepladder to get on and off!

Don't like the look of that topcase, though. Spoils the line...

And why did you take the obligatory in-the-mirror self-portrait with such a cluttered background?

Well then, I won't even try to guess why you like a picture of a big crack in the ground. :confused:

hamburger- it's too bad I didn't go with someone else, I could have gotten a shot of a bike on the curve. Ah, well... maybe next time.

I wasn't too worried about how the case looked, I wanted it to protect the camera gear if I ever biff while it's along for the ride. Kinda fits though- the Strom certainly isn't a beauty queen as motorcycles go. :wink: What do you ride?

And the self-portrait was just because I saw myself as I was walking back to the bike after shot #2. Wasn't a planned thing. Makes a nice desktop pic. :)

Most reactions

Back