shame

RedDevilUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this didnt turn out as i thought.. pity, it could have been a decent picture

DSC_013.jpg

I tried cropping it right from where the tree sticks out down but I didn't think it looked right. While I like the picture, I wish yo could see more of the "main" waterfall in the background - I wish that rock wasn't blocking it

Good photo though.

~Michael~

ok... *complete noob here*

how did you get that effect with the water!?

hi Nix,

its a technique called Long exposure, where rather than taking a Photo like normal, in that the shutter opens and shuts quickly..... this way the shutter opens.... and you hold it open
all the time its open its recording the scenery.... after a few seconds the shutter closes, and thats the result.

the still subjects, such as the rocks etc stay sharp..... moving objects like water in this example, has been recorded in several postions all these are massed together as one recording on the camera sensor, making that nice effect :)

the thing to remember though, is that all the time the shutter is open, its collecting more and more light.... thats why this is too bright it was open for just a few seconds too long :(

i am about to post another picture that turned out better in the Landscape & Nature :D

yeps, its like when you get camera shake if your using a point and shoot, its recording the whole movemnt into one picture.

ah i was hoping there was a better way than the shutterspeed... cuz that was my issue... too much light

Most reactions

New Topics

Back