"Shana Tova"

XpdX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What a weird title, you're asking yourself?​

Well, "Shana Tova" Means "Happy New Year" in Hebrew.

Last night it was the "Rosh Hashana" (the holiday name, means the first day of the new happy year. (Rosh=Head))

The Holiday has symbolic signs such as apple with honey, pomegranate (hope you understand that word, I don't..:mrgreen: ) and more..

We also celebrate in the 1/1 and living with the sun calendar (the regular. hope you understand all..:lmao: )

Sorry for my english..=\

351225-1.jpg

188902-3.jpg

173806-2.jpg

Thanks For Looking..!! :thumbup:

Shana Tova then, Royi. :D

These are some very pretty still live arrangements that show us the most important symbols of your New Year.

I am happy that this forum teaches me new things every day, and also things that go beyond photography. I never knew that there's a different Jewish calendar (silly me, eh?). But now I do. Thank you!

Thank You..
There is a different Jewish calender but we do'nt use it, it is only for the Jewish holidays and special days. it is based on the moon and not the sun (a month is about 29.5 days..:D, but as i said, if you will ask me now, I can't say you the Jewish date..but in Rosh Hashana It's the 1st of the first month..:D)

The holiday itself is very symbolic because we start school in September and celebrate in the 1st of January..

Most of the people in Israel are'nt religious (I think that is singular..:))

Actually, This October we have 3 Holidays..=), one of the is 2 weeks vacation..HaPpy..=)

Again sorry for my lame english..:\

Most reactions

Back