Shanghai Cityscape - Canon 550D + PSD...

AS87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to SLR photography and first post on the forum (been watching for some time) so thought I'd just share some of my images... I recently bought a Canon 550d and Adobe photoshop, and tested them out on a trip to China. I was messing around with the settings on the camera, such as contrast and saturation etc to make the image different to all other Shanghai pics... and then added a slight dark gradient to the sky on photoshop. Could you guys please give me some feedback and let me know what you think?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi there! i've also been watching for a long time and been a bit scared of sharing my work. Though i'm getting there!

I think the image is a little bit over cooked? I would love to have had just a little more detail centrally, as my eye has trouble focusing. It keeps being drawn to the right skyscrapers.

Keep it up tho!

OP,

Since you are posting from Photobucket, you might consider just grabbing the direct link and posting the image full-size at max of 800 wide. That way people don't go off the site to look at it in a larger format.

In the future you might consider not adding all that processing in the camera. That produces a file that you can't get back to an unmanipulated stage. Until you are really experienced, don't foreclose the future; get a good exposure in a file and work on it from there.

I agree with the previous comment that there is too much done to this picture. The excessive perspective distortion caused by the 18 mm lens, which has no real purpose in this image, the lack of content in the far skyscrapers and the way overboard vignetting - all of these really hurt this picture, imo.

Lew

Most reactions

New Topics

Back