Shanna & Dereck: Engagement

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was a bit rainy, but neither of us really wanted to cancel the session...

1.) I saw the shot that the "wedding photographer trainee" did in the little youtube video that someone here posted and just had to try it myself. Luckily I found a building that I could use during this photoshoot. And, before we go off on a tangent about imitating other's art, I just want to put a little disclaimer that I know that this shot is very similar to the shot that he did, but I learn best by trying to imitate what I think is successful in other's shots. It helps me get my own creative juices flowing. Ok disclaimer over:)
Shanna--Dereck-4-cropped-B.jpg

2.) Does this processing work? I wanted to try something a little different, but I'm not sure if it looks decent....
Shanna--Dereck-4-cropped-w.jpg

3.)
Shanna--Dereck-8-web.jpg

4.)
Shanna--Dereck-11-web.jpg

5.)
Shanna--Dereck-15-BW-web-1.jpg

6.)
Shanna--Dereck-22-BW-web.jpg

7.)
Shanna--Dereck-21-BW-web.jpg

8.)
Shanna--Dereck-25-BW-web.jpg

9.) This one was inspired by Cindy. I really liked the shot she did of the bride's hands on her groom's shoulder so I thought I'd try a similar shot as well.
Shanna--Dereck-26-BW-web.jpg

love love love 7. reminds me of those 'wars end' kiss shots....I'm such a sap:blushing: Even with the couple being small in the frame, you caught their intense stare

1, 7, and 8 all give me the feeling that they feel like the only people in the world :thumbup: :lovey:

*edit*
I wish there was a bit more of his face in 8 tho :)

Love 9. What are the colour streaks in 2?

Thanks everyone:)

Peniole: I just took one of the paintbrushes in PS and used it to draw lines down the picture. And then just adjusted the hue to blue. Oh and adjusted the opacity to be a lot lower.
I don't know. I'm still not totally sold on it. But, my bf REALLY likes that one. So maybe I'll show them this version and the B&W and let them decide.

Here is #6 in color:
Shanna--Dereck-22-webII.jpg

Dang, these are great! That is one very happy looking couple...makes me smile just to look at them. And they look very comfortable in front of the camera. They are gonna love these shots.

Thanks so much for the compliments everyone. I tried the vivid burn that Cindy suggested (not sure if I did it the same way she does it, but I think I like how it turned out anyway). What do ya'll think? Too much? Or does it help the image?

Shanna--Dereck-22-vivid-li.jpg

1, 2 and 7 are my favoritest! I love this set. I bet they are so happy!

Huge difference! I think it helps. It totally pops now!

Yes it does. My nit picks would be: 1) A slight CW rotation... something like 1 or 2 degrees. 2) Crop just below his fingertips. I don't feel her left leg is adding anything good. 3) Try a slight vignette.

BTW... I really like the first view. Fun, fun, fun!

Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back