Shanna & Dereck: Engagement

Thank you for the suggestions:) I decided that I really like the vivid burn suggestion from Cindy and tried it on a few others from the session.

Before:
ShannaDereck6.jpg

After:
ShannaDereck6vividlightII.jpg

WOW ... Totally impressed april. Great work. You most definitely captured the moment with these two. As someone pointed out here, in several shots they appear to be the only couple in the world. Mind if I use a couple of your pose ideas? :) By the way, I'd love to see the youtube video you referenced. Do you recall when or where it was posted?

Great work. I'm inspired.

Hi RP, I totally don't mind if you use any of the poses. I don't think anyone can really have a claim on poses;) I "stole" one from the guy in the video anyway:)

In any case, I think it was titled "wedding photographer training" or something similar to that. It wasn't posted too long ago either so you can probably just scroll down the posts and you'll find it.

How can you put a "claim" on a pose?! Sure it's nice to be original though but I don't think anyone's ever been taken to court for copying a pose?

Anyway great work on the images. Love No1.

Some CC - No3 he looks uncomfortable and I don't like the pose. If he'd been interacting with her (like No8) it would have been more intimate. As it is it's not the same quality as the rest. No4 I feel they are too square on. Turning them slightly would have been a more interesting and engaging pose.

Great work and processing.

Regards
Jim

Oooh! I'm so glad you are liking vivid burn! It's super great on really colorful stuff. You might play with some of the others like color dodge too. Lots of neat stuff there.
Anyhoo, looks GREAT!

not trying to steal the thread but is Vivid Burn a CS3 feature? I didn't see it in CS2.

Jim, thank you for your observations. I agree about the pose in #3. I tried to spike it up a little by enhancing the blue of the wall. And you're right about the straight on pose in #4. It's not the most flattering.

Cindy, great tip on using the different burns. Thank you for suggesting it! I am processing a wedding that I did last weekend and I'm definitely going to try some of the techniques with those...

RP, I only have Photoshop Elements 2.0 right now, and it's in there, so I'm sure it's in CS2. In elements it's right under the layers tab. There is a pull down menu and there is "normal, dissolve, darken...etc..."

Most reactions

Back