Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ShanBri01.jpg

ShanBri22.jpg

ShanBri30.jpg

ShanBri04.jpg

All of your shots seem a bit ... over-processed for my liking. They also seem a bit dark for a bridal portrait.

You have been busy. Great work, as usual.

Awesome. 2 and 3 are my faves. I always look forward to your posts because you find such inventive ways/places to pose the brides.

I love these dream like photos. You always make the skin look fabulous! Just curious, but when you show clients the proofs, do you wait to make post-processing improvements (whitening, blemish removal, etc) until after they make their reprint order, or do you ever enhance, then show the proofs? Do you let the client know you make certain improvments before hand or is it a given with your work?

Hi Stellar Gal,

One of my high points in the local market is that I retouch every photo before a client ever sees it. (Well I say every, but for bridals and engagement, I pull my top 40 or so, and for Weddings, the top 500 or so.)

This way, they only see the best, and not my screw ups. Also, with so many uncle bobs out there this is a wonderful way to seperate myself from the usual out of camera stuff. It takes longer for sure, but I only want my clients to have it as well as I know how to make it. :)

As far as the editing goes, almost everyone get a little lipo (liquify), and I have a questionairre about the amount of retouching that they want. My sales office shows before and after photos of "light, medium, and extreme" retouching. This gives the client a better idea of how natural or supernatural they want their photos to be.
Also, this questionairre helps with deciding exactly what to get rid of. Maybe the birthmark you aren't so fond of, is the cutest thing in the world to the groom. Maybe (and this is a true story), the huge jagged scar from the grooms neck to his lip was earned in defense of his wife to be. You just never know, so I always ask......and then I take alittle artistic license (very gently).

Thanks for the advice and kind words all.

These are very interseting. I like them because they are so different. They make the bride seem like she has personality, and isn't just another woman in a white dress with some flowers. Cool.

Wow. These seem a little different from stuff I have seen from you in the past. They are very dreamy and unique. Love what you've done with #3. I like the contrast between her softness and the more harsh window frames.
My bf never looks at what I'm doing on the Photoforum, but he did look over at these and say that they were "nice." So, you grabbed his attention lol

Hi April Ramone,
Hehe about the boyfriend. That makes me feel good!
Yeah, I've been going a little different these days. I did one funky shot, and all these cool brides started calling and wanting funky too. It seems like all the ladies want to "out funk" their friends.
It works well for me too because I don't have to go to the Arb 3 times a week and shoot the same saggy flowers. LOL. Another thing I've noticed, which is a nice bonus, is that the funky crowd is willing to spend more money. :) Gotta love that!

Sorry Jemmy! I seem to get worn out, throw a tanty, and then disappear because I get back to focusing on work.
Right now, I'm pretty much caught up. All I have now is a wedding pull, and a band's photos to do, and I'm all caught up for two weeks! Whoohoo! That NEVER happens. :)

Ahhh you purposely retouch every photo. That changes the art quite a bit then. I withdraw my earlier criticism, as clearly your clients would expect these kind of pictures :)

Wow, number three is my fav. Nice work!

Im new here as well as new to photography but I think these photos are absolutely incredible. I think if I ever get married Im coming to you....amazing work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back