Share some tips and tricks

That reminds me of some advice I was given when going fishing. I had all my gear packed and a heavy box, one of the lads turned round and said "see when you go home tonight Pete, go through your bag and take out anything you haven't used today, cos you don't need it".

I apply that principal to my photography too, and leave behind the stuff I probably won't use.

Suuure.... you say that now, but you'll be sorry you didn't every piece of equipment you own.

This guy is prepared for anything: link

His left leg is an actual tripod.

That reminds me of some advice I was given when going fishing. I had all my gear packed and a heavy box, one of the lads turned round and said "see when you go home tonight Pete, go through your bag and take out anything you haven't used today, cos you don't need it".

I apply that principal to my photography too, and leave behind the stuff I probably won't use.

Suuure.... you say that now, but you'll be sorry you didn't every piece of equipment you own.

This guy is prepared for anything: link

His left leg is an actual tripod.

I don't feel nearly as bad now...

It's fine to obsess over gear, but it's more important to use it and know how to use it.

Restore a film camera. Bring it back from the dead. After you've rescued it, it will give you motivation to use it. I can say this for my Nikon F and Hasselblad 1600f. Oh, and never, EVER buy a Hasselblad 1600f to restore. Just.... don't. Sure, it's worth it for the IQ, but.... just don't. It's no fun to get your Ektar 100 back all dark on one side time after time.

Most reactions

Back