share your memories.

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just posted another thread on here but decided this might be fun. Im getting married in 2 months and im starting to get nervous, so why dont we reminisce (sp?) Tell us about your favorite funny or fond memory of your wedding or a friend/family wedding, what made it special and memorable, be it funny, sad, or something you cherish.

I hope everyone shares.:clap::boogie:

When my wife and I got married, her mom forgot to bring the dress.

And I forgot to bring a couple of the tux's for my groomsmen.

No stress..no worries.. ;) It all worked out just fine. Nerves? Who needs nerves..we mess up enough without 'em. ;)

My cousin got married at the end of this past summer, which was the first wedding I've been hugely aware of that I could feasibly attend.

It was an absolute blast. Great service, great ceremony, great food, great dancing...and I captured it all on my camera and gave it to them as a music-slideshow present, which they love. Magical evening.

I never actually asked Anne-Marie to marry me. I just bought a nice solitaire, wrapped it up and tied it to the Christmas tree. On Christmas morning before we went down to my parents for lunch, I told her there was a present on the tree for her and left her to find it whilst I went into the kitchen to feed my (now sadly departed) cat.

my dad paid for the whole wedding and at the reception my father in law [tight old git who paid for nothing] said he would help my dad at the bar. so my dad thought he was going to pick up the bar bill but he ordered a double brandy!!!:lol:

my dad paid for the whole wedding and at the reception my father in law [tight old git who paid for nothing] said he would help my dad at the bar. so my dad thought he was going to pick up the bar bill but he ordered a double brandy!!!:lol:

What a hoot. Was your Dad a good sport about it?

Anymore fond memories?

When my wife and I got married, her mom forgot to bring the dress.

And I forgot to bring a couple of the tux's for my groomsmen.

No stress..no worries.. ;) It all worked out just fine. Nerves? Who needs nerves..we mess up enough without 'em. ;)

Lol seems like everyone was on nerves end. Im scared ill forget something important. I take it someone went back and got your stuff?

Heck, when I got married I had my sweetie with me on a peak (technical climb) in Wyoming. The guy that guided us was also a Reverend, just the three of us up on a peak where you could hardly fit a fourth person. As a pretty big thunderstorm was approaching, the Reverend went quickly through the vows and then we descended. He performed the ceremony again, this time with witnesses (we didn't know anyone except the Reverend) and we all had chocolate cake and champagne at the end. Simple but hard to forget.

Well, you did say you hope everyone shares...

I remember getting married under the play structure in kindergarten. His name was Andy. Andy Nelson, I think.
Good times. ;)

Congratulations!!

Lol seems like everyone was on nerves end. Im scared ill forget something important. I take it someone went back and got your stuff?

Yep..the now mother-in-law went to get it all. It's something we laugh about now..we sorta did then, too, actually. :)

When my wife and I were doing the feed the cake thing, a crumb fell down off of the cake and landed dead center in the middle of her breasts. She was posing for the picture of the thing and while that happened, said crumb worked it's way down until after the reception.

Also, we got married outside in Texas in May. It was sunny. She wore a necklace, but forgot said necklace when we went to the reception. But it still looked like she had a necklace on......

And finally, my best man never showed up to the ceremony. (His girlfriend at the time was, not sane, and she threatened him. So he high-tailed it back to Louisiana, and forgot to tell me!)

Tradition in one of my extended families is for the 4 boys, and the father (one of the boys being the groom) to sing 'My Girl' to the bride. So beautiful

I have only been in one wedding and that was my cousins when I was a three and a flower girl. During the rehersal I walked down the aisle too fast and the wedding planner screamed at me "WALK SLOWER!" (this point I go running the rest of the way to my mother crying). Well next came the wedding day and I listened to that planner - oh yes I did. I walked down that aisle so slowly my cousin thought she was never going to make it to the alter.

Tradition in one of my extended families is for the 4 boys, and the father (one of the boys being the groom) to sing 'My Girl' to the bride. So beautiful

I have only been in one wedding and that was my cousins when I was a three and a flower girl. During the rehersal I walked down the aisle too fast and the wedding planner screamed at me "WALK SLOWER!" (this point I go running the rest of the way to my mother crying). Well next came the wedding day and I listened to that planner - oh yes I did. I walked down that aisle so slowly my cousin thought she was never going to make it to the alter.

aww what a mean planner. i'll be lucky if my 4&6 year old sister dont run up to family member screaming "see my pretty dress" lol

I was asked to attend a friends wedding, the only one outside the family. I got there early and one other friend was there, He was there to take the photos. He had a Russian 35mm camera ( the kind with the solar powered light meter). He told me he had worked for a newspaper and did some other Photojournalism in his day. I told him I had brought a camera and we agreed to back each other up.

The wedding went off very well and I was taking pictures like crazy. After the wedding and a few weeks later My friend calls and said that he got the pictures back from the other guy and none of them came out. He asked how mine came out and except for the white balance being off they looked pretty good. I burned them to a cd and gave them to him. He was able to get some prints made along with a video his Aunt made and send them to his inlaws in the Philippines.

Most reactions

Back