Share your strap!

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm curious what kind of camera strap you guys and gals use or if you don't use a strap, how do you like to carry your camera?

I've been on the hunt for a few years trying to find the best camera strap and I just can't seem to find it.

When I got my first DSLR (Nikon D60) I used the stock strap that came with the camera which was fine because the camera was light with a kit lens. When I bought the D7000, I picked up the Black Rapid RS7 and used that for a while and then ended up going back to the stock strap for a while because it was not as big as the Black Rapid and then I went back to the RS7.

When I bought my D610, I didn't want to use the Black Rapid RS7 anymore, so I bought the Op/Tech Pro Loop strap which I really do like but I think the pad is a little wider than I want. Its comfortable for the most part..but it still kind of rubs on my neck sometimes.

I thought about trying Op/Tech's Super Classic Strap with Uni-Loops so the quick release clips are near the camera so when you are shooting on a tripod, you can remove about 95% strap and prevent the strap from interfering. I mean its only $16 on Amazon..probably worth to try it out anyways.

But I am curious to see what you all use. Does anyone here use the new Peak Design Slider strap?

I have the Crumpler camo Industry Disgrace. It's pretty awesome. People can't even tell I'm wearing a strap when I'm standing in foliage.

Holdfast Money Maker :D

11218984_10153344647993600_7233068478103909383_n.jpg

I have a money maker for work and a black rapid for every day. Though I also love my spyder handstrap! Depends on what I'm doing really.

I've got two BR Curves; one dedicated for my 300 2.8, and one for single-body work and a BR Double for two-body shoots as well as a palm strap for in the studio..

I tried several carry systems because my camera lens combination are quite heavy and I spend a lot of time on my feet.. I finally got a Black Rapid and have never looked back. By far the most comfortable way to carry for long sessions.

I shot with a Black rapid strap for about 5 years. When it finally wore out I picked up a Luma Cinch. The Luma Cinch is far better. Since then I've also tried the Peak Design Slide, which uses the same principle as the Luma but with flashier style and quick releases. I find that I like the style and quick release functionality of the Peak Design but I think the Luma Cinch is more comfortable and easier to use.

I have a Lowepro padded neck strap I picked up at Ritz (aka Wolf in other areas) Camera a few years ago for the D40. It came with a little pouch that holds a few SD cards. For the N90S, I have another Ritz special (Quantaray?) but it is neoprene and a bit stretchy; the film body weighs a bit more than the digital.

Last edited:
I will say that the other day while out with my black rapid I went to put my camera down and it wasn't attached. Scary to say the least bit luckily I noticed!! It was the first incident in like 3 years since I've had the strap. When I first got it I put some lock-tight on it, time to reapply!

I will say that the other day while out with my black rapid I went to put my camera down and it wasn't attached. Scary to say the least bit luckily I noticed!! It was the first incident in like 3 years since I've had the strap. When I first got it I put some lock-tight on it, time to reapply!
Where are you using Loc-tite Paige?

Well last night I bought a Op/Tech Super Classic Uni Loop strap and bought an extension piece for it as well so I can hopefully wear the strap across my chest. Hey for $20, its worth to try! I was going to get the strap customized to look like leather, but why pay $50 when the strap is only $16 on Amazon for just the regular black color.

Where are you using Loc-tite Paige?
68777f2b18227b775e348dd1529b3a2e.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back