Sharing a few- contemporary children's portraiture.

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sharing a few recent favorites! :) CC welcome altho really trying to add some children's work to TPF!!! :) Thanks for looking!

This is my last shoot so I'll post pictures from that- you know how it always is- your last shoot is always your favorite!

forweb6copy2.jpg

forweb23.jpg

forweb14.jpg

forweb3.jpg

Wow, these are amazing!!!! Great color and clarity. These are just perfect in my eyes!

wow, these are absolutely gorgeous. thanks for sharing, very inspiring!

Thanks so much guys!!! :) I have a ton more up at my website in my signature. I know when I was first getting into the field (haha well not even a year ago actually....) I found it hard to find children's photography inspiration- and there wasn't much here, so I am hoping to give back just by sharing a bit!

These are so great! I love the clothing and the colors. Wacky and fun. Beautiful girls. I love everything about these.

What kind of lens do you use with your 5D?

I shoot with an 85mm 1.8 all the time :) The focal length is perfect and they go together so well. Thank you!!

I just looked at your website too. It's very nice. Your images are so Inspiring in all aspects- truly. I've seen this portrait style a few times and I think its my favorite. You're very talented.

In business just a year ago?? Wow. Great work!!

I too have the 85mm 1.8 and its about all I use. Are you all handheld or tripod? I mostly do child portraits too and they wont still so I am all handheld personally. Mine are not as tack sharp as these. I have a 30D though and am saving for the 5D. I bet that makes a difference too.

Do you shoot in raw? I only ask because I haven't shot in raw yet and after seeing these I have to know how you shoot. Thanks.

I shoot in RAW a lot.... it kind of depends on my mood. I know that sounds silly. Generally I shoot in RAW though.... it does allow for more control. I use lightroom by the way- that makes a difference.

For anyone who wants my workflow I take out shadows with a very very simple action called Sunshine In Your Hand (its not too expensive, let me know if you want the link), then I do a defog (USM at 40, 60, 1), a soft light layer at 20 percent, and then I tweak from there.

I actually went into business a month ago!!! :) I first started with my photography a year ago. I am part of an AMAZING online community (forum of children's photographers) that have guided me this far. Let me know if you're curious in the link or have any other questions.

Thanks so much for looking!

I do shoot handheld. I have a pretty steady hand and always keep my shutter over 1/150 or so. MY 5D helps but my 85mm is just tack sharp. I couldn't ask for a better lens... although I think I might be shooting with a tamron 28-75 a lot this winter until I can afford an L series. HTH!

Thank you for letting me know. I think I will have to try it. I use Elements so I'm not sure if your Sunshine action will work or not.

Wow!!! Nice photos. I'm using a 50mm f1.4 and finding it sooooo hard to work with. Halfway through my last children's shoot, I took it off and put on my 18-200mm zoom lens out of frustration.

She just made one for elements, I don't know if she has it up yet! Search like 'Phaunt's sunshine in your hand' on google.

Wildmaven- I hate the 50mm personally. It takes forever to lock focus for me and full body shots are never sharp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back