sharing and storing photos

iluvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from a trip to Germany and Italy and I have taken lots of photos...Do you guys know of any website that I can use to store and share my photos without shrinking them too small and also one that does not require other people to sign up in order to look at my photos?

I hate it when people send me a website to look at their photos but it requires me to sign up to the website:confused:

I can use Yahoo album or similar but I don't like it because they shrink the pictures...

Also I have question regarding my night shots but that a whole other thread and I will ask that question later with a sample of my photos..

Thanks

Well, I personally like using flickr, primarily because it is easy to use and keeps everything organized. People who are not signed up are able to view your photos but not comment on them.

www.flickr.com

Well, I use Yahoo albums, but I dont know if a free yahoo account gets the same Photos benefits as an SBCGlobal subscriber (if you aren't one). Check it out at photos.yahoo.com

Thanks for all the suggestions..

So I tried photo.net and I couldn't see anything about uploading and sharing photos.. but it is a very useful and intersting site..

I tried flikr and uploaded a few photos it looks good but they have been shrunk...

So I guess I have to set up a website like Markc... Very nice photos by the way... so could you walk me through setting up a website useing Gallery?

Thanks

Probably not, unfortunately. I'm still on the old version (they changed it a lot), and I doubt I could do better than their own instructions. As I remember it, they are very well laid out. If you need hosting, I'd suggest 1&1 ($2.99/mo, includes 1 domain). It looks like they also include a photo gallery, but I haven't played with it. I'm on an older account.

iluvphotography said:
I tried flikr and uploaded a few photos it looks good but they have been shrunk...

Whoops, should have mentioned the largest you can upload is 2048 pixels x 2048. (Which generally comes relatively close to the maximum size I need to them to be) If you didn't click on "All Sizes" above each photograph, it would appear as if they were shrunk, but with "All Sizes" it displays it in Square, Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Original, Large (I think thats it)

Personally, I wouldn't put images that large on the web for sharing. They can't be viewed on most people's screens, as a large number of users just use the default resolution. Plus it makes it easy for people to make their own prints. If you are looking to store your full-size image, I would use a hard drive. If you want to store images off-site, you can just upload them to a non-viewable directory on you web server.

OH I would love to have a web space... Do you still have any??

The thread is from Feb.. so I am not sure..

I thought someone on this thread might want some! PM me with what you would like the site called bearing in mind that it will be in the format of http://www.poijoy.com/yourchioce/index.htm and what you want for a password and I'll set it all up early next week, I can help out with designing a basic site as well but if you want anything more advanced you'll be on your own!

Most reactions

Back