sharing some photos from Austria and Italy

senhwei

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just sharing some of my favourite photos taken during a trip to Austria and Italy last year.

Hellbrunn Palace, Salzburg :

DSC04620.jpg

Vatican Museum, Rome :

DSC05927A.jpg

regards,

Chris

That staircase shot is awesome!!! In my opinion it would be better if you could have gotten the shot without the people in it...but I know that's pretty hard to do in places like that!

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback !

danalec99 - when I saw the B&W image that you had posted of the runner up entry to the photo comp, I thought some one had stole my image ! The reason is because the position of the couple walking down the second tier of the staircase was so similar to the position of the couple in my photo. Obviously, on closer inspection, it's a different photo. :)

core_17 - I agree with your suggestion. I was actually waiting there for quite some time to see if I could get a clear shot but seeing that it was the Vatican Museum, there was a constant stream of people going through it. But I'm at two minds about the inclusion of the people. Having the people in it, gives it a sense of perspective or scale ...

regards,

Chris

WOW! I think it is always a sign that you are on the right path when you find a contest winner or pro shot that looks almost exactly like yours and you had never seen it before! Good Job! Congrats, it's almost as if you took runner up as well, you should be very proud of that beutiful image.

The first one is interesting but the second is fantastic....nice work!

Oh, poor first photo: so in the shadow of the second :(.
Though it shows my favourite green - and I very much like the framing in this one. VERY much!
So welcome, senwhei, and send us more photos. It seems like you know what you are doing when you take pictures!!!

The first photo (from my original post in this thread) is actually my personal favourite out of all my photos that I took on my trip.

A couple of more photos ~

From the Ponte Vecchio, Florence :

DSC05318.jpg

Leaning Tower, Pisa :

DSC05354.jpg

regards,

Chris

All great pics senhwei! Welcome, and I hope to see some more of your photos in the near future. Keep up the good work! :)

Oesterreich rules! I love the tree shot as well, I can see why you like it. I have relatives in Innsbruck so I hope I can return the beautiful country sometime in the near future!!

Hi,

Of the two countries I visited, Austria was definitely my favourite - Salzburg and the greater Salzburg area (Salzkammergut) especially ! It was so incredibly scenic and so clean.

Chris

Most reactions

Back