Sharpenen up an old picture?

shelbyw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a picture that was taken about 1968 or 1969 with an inexpensive camera. This picture is an 8x10 which was probably blown up from a 4x6 or there abouts picture. This 8x10 picture is slightly blurry and I would like to sharpen up the picture if possible. The original picture, and the negative is long gone......And this is a one of a kind picture that cannot be replaced.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to sharpen this picture, and if so exactly how I would do it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I have a picture that was taken about 1968 or 1969 with an inexpensive camera. This picture is an 8x10 which was probably blown up from a 4x6 or there abouts picture. This 8x10 picture is slightly blurry and I would like to sharpen up the picture if possible. The original picture, and the negative is long gone......And this is a one of a kind picture that cannot be replaced.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to sharpen this picture, and if so exactly how I would do it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

SHARPEN projects professional | PROJECTS SOFTWARE

Interesting software. Can't do that in PS.

It is interesting. Photoshop did in fact add an anti-blur filter some versions back but it's not as effective. You might enjoy looking over this post I added to a different forum: Interesting Film Scanning Info I should do the same here when I get a chance.

Joe

Scan the photo into your computer. You can use a free program that you download on the web like Irfanview to sharpen. You can't improve it too much because you're starting with it blurry. Once you sharpened it a little in the computer, you may want to reduce the final print size again to a 4x6 or 5x7". The smaller the photo print, the less obvious the blurriness will be. . Blowing pictures up magnifies the blurriness. You can then use Walgreen or Costco to print out new photos or send the file to a company on the web who will print it for you from your saved file.

A faster a more professional touch would be to find a commercial outfit that will do the whole thing for you. Google something like "photo print restoration" Good luck.

It is interesting. Photoshop did in fact add an anti-blur filter some versions back but it's not as effective. You might enjoy looking over this post I added to a different forum: Interesting Film Scanning Info I should do the same here when I get a chance.

Joe

Thanks for the link. I'm always trying to find new ways to improve my retouching here at the lab in St. Louis.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back