Sharpest UWA for D7000?

philipalex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering what the sharpest UWA lens for a DX (D7000) camera body is? I've looked at the Nikon 10-24, Tokina 11-16, Sigma 10-20 (3.5 and 4-5.6), and the Tamron 10-24. Can anyone tell me which of these lenses is the sharpest, especially in the corners? Price is of no concern and I apprecaite any feedback!

I dont own any of these but in my research and after speaking with many poeple here at TPF, the Tonika 11-16 f/2.8 PRO takes the cake. It doesnt work on a full frame though. I'm looking at picking one of these up myself.

Cheers,

Sapper

I dont own any of these but in my research and after speaking with many poeple here at TPF, the Tonika 11-16 f/2.8 PRO takes the cake. It doesnt work on a full frame though. I'm looking at picking one of these up myself.

Cheers,

Sapper

Sure it does. You just get a bit of vignetting. I think I read somewhere that you don't even get any vignetting at 16mm.

Edit: Here you go. Tokina 11-16mm Review
Makes a damn good 16mm prime lens on a FF.

I hate refering to this guy, but Ken Rockwell has some pictures taken with the 11-16 f/2.8 pro on an FX body. Scroll down to just past the 1/2 way mark. While I havent used this lens myself, I can only refer to this.

Tokina 11-16mm Review

The vignetting becomes apparent at f/14 and gets worse all the way down to f/11. At f/11 it almost looks like someonee has placed a doughnut in front of the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back