Shave of the day 2/14/21

Now that's my kinda kit. I use a badger hair brush, sandalwood shaving soap is my favourite, I use Astra/Derby blades in a Merkur safety razor.

Very nicely taken product shot with great lightning.

Blimmey safety razor that takes me back
I grew up with those in the house and used one up to the time my daughter was 3

Blimmey safety razor that takes me back
I grew up with those in the house and used one up to the time my daughter was 3

I reverted back to the safety razor system about 12-15 years ago. What a difference from those disposable or disposable headed razors. Such a better shave and being almost ritualistic in approach, also so much more satisfying. Revert, you'll not regret it.

Nice image, well done.

I get a pretty good shave with my fairly cheap, 5 blade disposable BiC razor but I may go premium some day and pamper my face. any recommendations for a good razor itself, one that doesn't nick & cut.

I would find a Gillette Super Speed and get a sample pack of razors to try out. The Derby in my picture is a mild razor and worked for me when I was starting out. It will take your skin a few weeks to get used to a single blade, but its worth the change!
A good place for information on wet shaving is Badger & Blade.

Nice image, well done.

I get a pretty good shave with my fairly cheap, 5 blade disposable BiC razor but I may go premium some day and pamper my face. any recommendations for a good razor itself, one that doesn't nick & cut.

Most reactions

Back