She Always Had a Knack for Keeping Me Waiting...

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not very special by any means, I was more impressed with my ability to hold the camera steady above my head to take the picture as the "super moon" was causing my tripod to shadow immensely lol

IMG_8463 Waiting by SteveH8231, on Flickr

Lol.. I actually like this. Very creative theme.. the watch and pile of cigarette butts is a good combination.

Nice :)

Thanks! Yeah, this is a "tribute" to my ex-girlfriend lol.

You know, in photography our life experiences can make us stronger in our work. That seems to really come through in your creativity .. draw on that. I think you have a lot to offer.

You know, in photography our life experiences can make us stronger in our work. That seems to really come through in your creativity .. draw on that. I think you have a lot to offer.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I've never really been one to hide my feelings or emotions much and I try to bring that out in my photography. I definitely try to use my life experiences as motivation as well.

Pretty good shot. Oddly, I found a wristwatch just like that after the flood of 1996, down by the river. One diamond at 12 o'clock, black face, gold-tone hands.

Cool concept. I think the execution is decent, but if I had to nitpick, I think I'd like it better if there was a tad more deadspace around the edges of the frame. Also, I wish the illumination of the hand looked more like late evening sunlight and less like a pop-up flash.

I like the shot and the watch.

Well done. Have you tried it in b&w?

Good concept!

Thanks!

Pretty good shot. Oddly, I found a wristwatch just like that after the flood of 1996, down by the river. One diamond at 12 o'clock, black face, gold-tone hands.

Haha really? I found mine on Amazon.com...my story's not as cool as yours :-( lol

Cool concept. I think the execution is decent, but if I had to nitpick, I think I'd like it better if there was a tad more deadspace around the edges of the frame. Also, I wish the illumination of the hand looked more like late evening sunlight and less like a pop-up flash.

Yeah, I probably should have tried a wider angle shot, but I had my 50mm on and I guess I was just too lazy to change it. As for the lighting, I used both the popup flash and the slave flash. The slave flash was pointing at a more severe angle that would have caused a better shadow, but I guess the pop-up kind of overpowered it.

I like the shot and the watch.

Thanks!

pretty cool i like

Thank you!

Well done. Have you tried it in b&w?

Thank you, and I'll give that a shot. I never think to convert my pictures to black and white enough. I have so many photos that would probably look infinitely better in b&w, I just never think to convert them.

Loooooooove all the butts in the background, it's a pretty humorous photo

Haha thank you, that's what I was going for :)

Most reactions

Back