She Is The Most Interesting Dog

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Her charm is so contagious vaccines have been created for it. She once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels. When it is raining, it is because she's thinking about something sad. She has won the lifetime achievement award.... twice. Her reputation is expanding faster than the universe, because she is.........The most interesting Dog. :allteeth:

While I had my set up, I wanted to try a couple of new things. Camera settings ISO 100, 50mm 1.4, f/5.0, 1/200 (to offset the ambient light). Two light set up, AB 80 in a 42" octabox camera left with a grid. Large white reflector camera right to lighten the shadows, and get light back into her left eye. The background was 18% gray paper. I had an AB400 with 7" reflector, barn doors, and a 10% grid up high coming over the top. It was metered at the back of the chair to match the key. The most difficult part was getting a nice triangular shape on the paper. The paper was curling just a bit, and I didn't have time to weight it down. The background texture was a concrete image added post as a layer in Ps. A little Gaussian blur and a tiny bit of noise, helped keep it in the background.

I might add that even though she is 49 in dog years no alcohol was consumed by Sadie......no comment on the photographer. LOL Lest anyone question the bottle not being in focus, that was a choice, it was secondary to her and merely a prop. Anyhow, fun little project, enjoy. C&C always welcome.

no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
"I don't always sit in this chair,but when I do I always shed hairs!"

Most of the time not so bad, but in the spring and late summer when she sheds her seasonal coat it requires a lot of brushing and vacuuming.

Very cool shot! Thanks for sharing--now I'm inspired.

Great shot & set up! How did you get the cone shape light on the backdrop? Sadie is a pup with attitude and pulls off the look effortlessly. I need to tell my 3 they need to step up their game!

Great shot & set up! How did you get the cone shape light on the backdrop? Sadie is a pup with attitude and pulls off the look effortlessly. I need to tell my 3 they need to step up their game!

You need either a long snoot or barn doors. Snoots (barn doors) reduce the beam of light to a small circle that spreads out in a cone shape as it gets farther away. In this case I used barn doors with a 10 deg grid to provide the cone, adjusting the doors for a very narrow beam. The light was up high pointed straight down over the top of the back ground about halfway between the chair and the background. I metered the light at the top back of the chair to match my key. The key was a 42" Octabox with grid (to control light spill), set camera left and feathered to catch just her and staying off the background. On camera right was a large white reflector. Managed to pull off a good SOOC so not a whole lot in editing, mostly in Lr with a preset I use every now and then that gives a dark and moody cinema vibe. Then over to Ps to add the background texture, add a cooling layer, and do the "cookie cutter" lighting layer (a technique I've been using that lets you darken, then selectively lighten spots). The biggest help in all of it though is Sadie, she's just so laid back, and accommodating, she makes it easy.......as long as there are no birds, lizards, or squirrels within a 100 yards. Then you might as well be talking to a wall.

Really fine photography and a beautiful dawg.

Mikey ☘️

beautiful........... so elegant

Most reactions

New Topics

Back