Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_0076 (Custom).jpg

She (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
More dreams.

I agree with John, too much air. I suggest a square to square-ish crop which would place the head pretty much in the center or slightly below center. Lighting is very very good, the flesh tones seems a bit on bluish (on my monitor) which is okay if that's what you want. (The bluish flesh tone fits well with the overall coloration/scheme of the image. This may work well in B&W.

PS- Your subject looks like an old college g/f.

In this case the trees are far from being dead space and give the overall feeling to the image. The girl seems a bit too separated from the background. I not sure if that is because of the lighting (background vs girl) or because all of the background is out of focus. But, overall I am liking the image.

nice. How ya been?

I LOVE your lighting here! Care to share what you used here?

More dreams.

I agree with John, too much air. I suggest a square to square-ish crop which would place the head pretty much in the center or slightly below center. Lighting is very very good, the flesh tones seems a bit on bluish (on my monitor) which is okay if that's what you want. (The bluish flesh tone fits well with the overall coloration/scheme of the image. This may work well in B&W.
PPS- I appreciate you seeing and taking a bold framing approach instead of a traditional and safe framing approach.
I edited it on a calibrated monitor and I know I thought that I left her skin too "warm"... I don't see "bluish"

I appreciate your suggestion about square crop and I was aware that most of photographers wouldn't agree with it, while I was taking the photo but I think this crop adds a certain tension to the message and I'll leave it this way

PS- Your subject looks like an old college g/f.
I hope it was a nice love story :)

In this case the trees are far from being dead space and give the overall feeling to the image. The girl seems a bit too separated from the background. I not sure if that is because of the lighting (background vs girl) or because all of the background is out of focus. But, overall I am liking the image.
glad you like it... trying to see that separation "issue" and what I did wrong...

Most reactions

Back