She was just 6 days old...

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I did this photo shoot a few weeks back of this little baby girl who was just 6 days old. We did it inside of an apartment and the only lighting we had was from the sliding doors leading to the porch. It was a fairly sunny day out, so I moved us closer to the doors which granted a nice amount of light.

I also used a 50mm 1.8 lens...

8-3.jpg

10-4.jpg

13-2.jpg

14-1.jpg

thats chill hahah
i like 1 the best, but 2 really gives you a sense of scale =P
as for 3 and 4, just seems a bit too Anne Geddes for my liking hahah

I do baby photography as well - only starting out - and must say these are wonderful. Very inventive, very clever and beautifully executed.

I absolutley love these. They are reminiscent of Anne Gedes.. but I like her too :D I absolutly LOVE that shot of her on the changing table. Good work!!

Thank you for the feedback.

"Reminiscent of Anne Geddes..." ...what a great compliment. If only one day I can aspire to be as popular as she is.

Stunning. The lines and composition are incredible. The light, and the crispness are outstanding.
I've seen some great photos lately, but this is cream of the crop stuff.
Really, really well done.

Well done! Were these all natural lighting?

Elsa - thanks so much for the feedback!

Clark - these were indeed natural lighting.

So cute! Very creative. Nice job. I do notice a lot of grain in the shadow areas - does it show up harshly in print? I'm jus thikning that any large version of this in print it would be obvious but it
s maybe only on the web here. :) Great job!

I love the 2nd image the most. It appears to be just a hair crooked though- maybe less than a degree CW. Just seems like they are slipping down the table to the right. The first one is sweet too, but seems just a little soft. Probably your lens though- along with natural light. I no longer use my 50mm- it had very bad grain in shadows with low light.

Great work. I do luvvvv this style of newborn photography!

So pretty! A "teacup" baby. Thats the impression I get from #3. Gorgeous shots all around!

Hey Stellar - I know the first shot is soft but I think the photo asks for that ....

In regards to the grain in the dark spots with the 50mm, can you tell me more about that?

Hey Stellar - I know the first shot is soft but I think the photo asks for that ....

In regards to the grain in the dark spots with the 50mm, can you tell me more about that?

In the first image, on the left side, the grain is very noticeable in those shadows. I often shoot in very low light like this and I always got that grain in the shadows or in the darker areas near hairlines and such. I think it just comes with the $80 lens that is being used. I've not have much of a problem with my other 2 lenses. With a little more light, it was better with the 50. But with my 5D- it makes cheaper lenses worse than with the 30D I was using before. A little noise reduction may help, or just burn in those areas some. Not that a parent would probably notice anyway- look at that bundle!

ETA: the first one is still a little soft for my taste- I would add at the least a little more sharpness around the eyes- just to enhance them more and show those lashes. It just all blends a bit much now- like the focal point needs enhancing- if that makes sense.

Most reactions

Back