Shed Hunting

Missdaisy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend me and my family went out on our family farm to hunt for white tail deer sheds. We found 9!!! While we were out looking my son saw some deer walk out into a field and begin feeding, so he pulled out his new binoculars that he got for Christmas and watched them feed. I couldn't resist capturing this moment.

_DSC7088-1.jpg

Great memory capture. I have never heard of shed hunting. I mean being a dear hunter myself I do notice them. I just never knew it was sport. As far as I am concerned any outing out in nature is a good thing, sounds like you had fun!

I like what you did with image I can see the excitement.

I really like the frame, it goes good with this shot.

Great pic! I found a darn nice one quail hunting a few weeks back. Takes a good set of eyes to find those suckers, they aren't easy.

Great memory capture. I have never heard of shed hunting. I mean being a dear hunter myself I do notice them. I just never knew it was sport. As far as I am concerned any outing out in nature is a good thing, sounds like you had fun!

I like what you did with image I can see the excitement.

Oh yes it's a sport, people even train dogs to do the shed hunting for them. If you see them pick them up as a keep sake. My husband is on the Missouri pro staff on midwestwhitetail.com so he's very serious about every aspect of hunting.

I have two sons who are very outdoorsey so this was a great time for all of us, plus the excercise didn't hurt.

Great pic! I found a darn nice one quail hunting a few weeks back. Takes a good set of eyes to find those suckers, they aren't easy.

How exciting was that? I almost jumped up and down when I saw my first one. They really blend in with the surroundings.

I really like the frame, it goes good with this shot.

Thank you, I found it on photobucket. I don't have any editing programs so I have to use freebie stuff for now.

great image. I can never find those darn things! 9?!!!

My husband takes this very seriously, he knew where to look because of trail cams and he knew where they were bedding. Several of the sheds we found were from deer that were on my husbands hitlist.

You can see pictures of the actual sheds on his blog www.huntmo365.com I took all the pictures on there btw.

Very nice photo but it could be better. Overall I think it could be lighter and, as is it is pretty flat and upping the contrast would make a difference. Of course you will need to also need to do some dodging in the t-shirt area where you have few details already.

I also would have placed your son somewhat more to the right to give him more looking space to the left.

Other than that I think the frame and the hue you picked work very well here.

Here's 7 of them, we found the other two the next day. Some were matching sets.

*my husband took this picture and he gave me permission to post it here, it is simply a snap shot*

SHEDS2010.jpg

This just shows what I know ... I was picturing little buildings built by deer :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back