Shed

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just wanted to show some pre and after shed pics of my snake.
Hope you all like them (even though its a snake :mrgreen: )
Just before shedding
spot032.jpg

spot033.jpg

After shedding
spot034.jpg

spot035.jpg

And one just for the heck of it
spot036.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

And have a merry christmas :D

Very cool. Snakes are beautiful animals, they're so intriguing. I like the 2nd to last one best. :)

what is sheding? they change colour? like cameleon? (sp?) or they change their... outfit??? :)

shedding is changing their outfit :)

Wait a minute Mentos.........arent you suposed to say stuff like: eewww, icky, i dont like snakes :p

And thanks for the comment :)

I love the second shot! I like a tight crop on snake images - they are amazing to look at, so full of color and texture. Nice job! :)

neat shots....#2 rocks!
tfs
Merry Christmas :D

How do you notice that the time for shedding has come yet again? Does your snake become this pale then? All over? Eyes included?
And where are the photos of the PROCESS - half in the old skin and half out? Hm? Hm? ;)

You notice when she is getting ready to shed, mostly because her eyes turn blue (photo #2) And the rest of her body gets a bit dull. Once the eyes are clear again, she will shed in a day, maybe 2.
And i havent took any pics of the process, since she does that at night...........while im a sleep. Plus the fact that she probably sheds in her hide, which makes it rather hard to shoot.
Would be totally cewl if i could shoot it when she is in the process. Maybe someday. I will most certainly post the pics then :)
Ill try and shoot some pics of her old skin today and post them here.
And thanks for the comments again :)

thank you :)
Its a Ball Python (Royal python in the UK) Python Regius
I bought at the end of august and i think she was about 2 months at the time (really cant tell for sure) so thats should make her about 6 months.
She is about 50 cm now, i havent ever measured her though. So she still needs to grow abit.......about 1 meter to go :)

Most reactions

Back