surferdude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
NO2w8uw.jpg

I would appreciate some feedback! :encouragement::encouragement:

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what you are looking for in the way of feedback, but here is my initial thought or two.

I am curious why this image seems to be almost monochromatic in shades of brown. I see some green in the grass of the field, but it is very subdued. As well, the sky is badly blown out in the central and right side of the image. This leads me to ask what type of post processing was done on this image? Knowing that, I may be able to offer additional feedback.

WesternGuy

To me the big white spot in the middle detracts from the sheep (singular and plural methinks).

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what you are looking for in the way of feedback, but here is my initial thought or two.

I am curious why this image seems to be almost monochromatic in shades of brown. I see some green in the grass of the field, but it is very subdued. As well, the sky is badly blown out in the central and right side of the image. This leads me to ask what type of post processing was done on this image? Knowing that, I may be able to offer additional feedback.

WesternGuy

This is the original photo (it was taken in some hard conditions, in terms of light)
yCNTCtd.jpg

And this was basically my post processing:

NDhgWo7.jpg

fOA9eDa.jpg

OtTJhAc.jpg

To me the big white spot in the middle detracts from the sheep (singular and plural methinks).

I didn't know how to deal with that big white spot... Could you give me some advice? I already post my post processing..

You could have underexposed it a little more, or waited for the sun to get lower and less intense. Another option would be to get on the other side of the sheep and use the sunlight to your advantage. Many people shoot backlit subjects intentionally but as you mentioned it can be very challenging.

Welcome to TPF!!!

I didn't know how to deal with that big white spot... Could you give me some advice? I already post my post processing..

Thanks for the detail on the original and the post-processing. One obvious problem is that you are shooting directly into the sun. spiralout462 suggestions are quite valid.

As you are using Lightroom, one thing that I would have tried would be to use the Adjustment Brush to see if I could tone down the "bright" spot. It may, or may not work, depending on how badly blown out the sky is.

WesternGuy

I like it. Maybe clone out the overhead wires.

I am not an expert but as an artist this composition is very good. As a photographer I am learning. I think you may have used the wrong metering for the shot. In my camera, Matrix metering would have done what yours did. There is a technique that I am not certain of but I think it would have been to spot meter the sheep and wise to use a flash to fill in the shadows of the them. Hopefully, you can get some direction on fixing the sky as you did a good job on the sheep so far. Overall, fix that sky and you have a very nice capture that is pleasure to view.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your feedback! It was very helpful. I am going to try again this afternoon with less light. And also with others positions.

I will post it here the new ones.

Thank you again! :encouragement:

So I couldn't take another shoot of the sheeps the way I wanted it. However I did some new edit and came up with this slight changes... I think the sky is a little bit better but not quite sure.

4IivLen.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back