Sheet Music

GreenSlime89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photo.ecopetition.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I got a Canon EF 50mm F1.8 Mk II for my 20D. When I got it home, I played about with some of the scales for my keyboard lessons. I curved it up and selotaped it to my desk. I then lit it with my desktop lamp and with my camera set up on a tripod I fired of a few shots with different exposures. This was the best of the lot. I'm going to try again tomorrow, but does anyone have any tips on what to do to improve it via photoshop or tomorrow, in camera.

20dfirstshots002smallme9.jpg

After seeing it enlarged, I can see the selotape, but the camera and music is away for tonight. Any advice?

Oh, so you got yourself that 50mm prime lens. I was in the shop today, placing myself in front of their shelves (behind locked glass doors!), yearning at the only Canon 50mm lens they had there, the 1:1,4 one, and my eyes jumped from price to lens to price to lens ... and the lens is still in the shop. €339.- :roll: -- too much.

So congrats.
Nice scales ... a pity to see that it is only scales, though, when I read sheet music I thought I'd see something really complicated, heehee (just kidding).

What to do better?
It seems like the white balance is not quite right?
The sheet "in nature" is whiter, not so pink, I guess. So that colour cast is from your lamp light used here (cool to see how that lens works in normal lamp light like this, isn't it?). In PS you can try to eliminate the red in many different ways, to me the easiest is through the levels of the individual colour red and I would try to shift the midtones from 100 to 95 or 90, depending on how well the shift works.

Agreed, but DON't adjust the white balance so the entire image is stark white. I like the warm tones, reminds me of parchment paper. Sometimes I like to see the things I view by tungsten light with that same warm color cast in a photo.

yearning at the only Canon 50mm lens they had there, the 1:1,4 one, and my eyes jumped from price to lens to price to lens ... and the lens is still in the shop. €339.- :roll: -- too much.

That price is just rediculous! That's about €100 more than what it can easily be found for in the US.:thumbdown:

Agreed, but DON't adjust the white balance so the entire image is stark white. I like the warm tones, reminds me of parchment paper. Sometimes I like to see the things I view by tungsten light with that same warm color cast in a photo.

On something that's white like this a little warm is nice. Just don't make it look like the wb is off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back