Sheraton Braintree

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from one of the hotels I shot in the recent past. (I'm just digging through some old photos for some source materials). I thought I'd share some of the images.

Isn't "Braintree" a really really odd name for a town???

==1==
sheraton_braintree_214old.jpg

==2==
sheraton_braintree_183.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, you know... I think that first one is tilted slightly and I think I borked the perspective correction. It's funny how if I spend all day doing this my mind starts to warp. :lol:

Very clean shots Chris. I also looked through your website, you do good work!

Would you mind telling me what lense you shot these with? Also, what perspective correction do you use?

Thanks,

Daniel

Very clean shots Chris. I also looked through your website, you do good work!

Would you mind telling me what lense you shot these with? Also, what perspective correction do you use?

Thanks very much. These were both shot with a Sigma 10-20mm 4/5.6. I'm not a huge Sigma fan, but it's the widest lense you can get for a partial frame camera without going fisheye, and I have fairly extreme wide-angle requirements.

Oh, sorry, on lens correction I use an app called PTLens. I'm very happy with it, though it does have memory problems occasionally. :)

Glad to here it's the Sigma 10-20, b/c that's the lens I've been interested in for architectural/cityscape shooting. :mrgreen: I've heard only good things about it.

I'll have to check PTLens out.:thumbup:

Thanks,
Daniel

It's generally pretty good, though it does occasionally annoy me with its autofocus... I don't think I have a "bad" one, necessarily... (I've heard some of sigmas lenses tend to be a bit off) I just think the lens isn't deadly-accurate.

You want to make a real point to put your focus point on something with as much contrast as possible. Seems to make a big difference.

Gotcha, thanks for the tip. What body do you normally use it on?

Daniel

Gotcha, thanks for the tip. What body do you normally use it on?

My pleasure. A Nikon D300. (It is a DX lense, btw... just keep in mind you're sinking $500 into a non-full-frame lense.) :)

Ok, I fixed it...

CBRE - Sheraton Braintree - 214.jpg

btw, one of the very cool things about this picture is that I'm actually standing in the entrance to a TGI Fridays taking the picture. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back