Shine a light in corners...

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For each and every one of us will shine a bright enough light in enough corners and we will always find dirt.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_5063bw-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Hmmm... I quite like this, but something about the composition doesn't seem quite right; my eye wants more symmetry. I think the line of the ceiling needs to come through the centre of the bulb and down to the lower LH corner of the image.

That little dirt do not scare me at all. :D

Hmmm... I quite like this, but something about the composition doesn't seem quite right; my eye wants more symmetry. I think the line of the ceiling needs to come through the centre of the bulb and down to the lower LH corner of the image.
Thanks for your thoughts John :) Unfortunately it's not registering, can you try explaining again? My intent was for the center line to be dead center trapping the light in that third so the other thirds can "flip" visually between corner in and corner out, I do have other compositions of it with different line placements so it's possible I have your suggestion in one of them...
That little dirt do not scare me at all. :D

Ha! Perfect lol It's those bits of dirt in my corners that tend to keep me spinning my wheels ;)

I'm sure you will recognize this spot when you are here in a couple weeks ;)

Ooh, I see. It does create an optical illusion the way it is. First you're looking at an inside corner of a room, and then you're looking at the outside corner of a box (or building, or whatever). Kewl :)

Awesome, thanks Lenny!

The light doesnt work well with the illusion as a box though. But I still like the idea.

Thanks for your thoughts John :) Unfortunately it's not registering, can you try explaining again? My intent was for the center line to be dead center trapping the light in that third so the other thirds can "flip" visually between corner in and corner out, I do have other compositions of it with different line placements so it's possible I have your suggestion in one of them...
The proverbial picture...
14694982376_0df93cb761_c.jpg

I want that yellow line to go to the lower, left-hand corner; ideally so that there is more empty space below the bulb, but asymmetry of this is bugging me for some reason. I don't think there's any way to make it work as shot however...

Thanks Scott :)

Ah thank you for the picture John! Ok I'm with ya now, unfortunately as you said it wouldn't work, I tried to line up all lines with corners and have the last one in the center but I couldn't get it there, the closest was straight through the light otherwise the composition is really wide, the thirds are too big and the light lands really awkward. I will carry the suggestion forward with me for sure!

Ooo! Thanks for the flip Bitter!

I like it, a lot, but I think the vignette is hurting it instead if helping, I'll try it without later and post the result.

No probs, PR.

The vignette isn't so bad, viewed on black. Just sayin'.

Looking again this morning, you are right, on black it's ok but on this white it's pretty bad lol

ooh a box ... I see it. :)

I thought she was talking about a dirty sensor at first lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back