Shine on, shine on

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this one today. I like it this way, but if anyone can help me to really bring out the sunbeams...that would be great. OTE
Oh and this is the harbor in Brooklyn. Hope this is in the right place: we'll call it 'city landscape'...

promenade004.jpg

pascal

Im not sure if this is any better. Just wanted to give it a try. I like this shot just the way you posted it though!

promenade004.jpg

Hey Dan, thank you! Yeah, I like the rays in your picture better, but it gets too dark for my taste. Do you think there's a way to have both: less dark and better beams?

pascal

Yeah, I feel the same way. I like the detail in the original. Im no p.s. expert or anything but Im sure someone could do it!

It's so beautiful. I always loved looking at the sun shining like that. I remember once in like 6th grade I saw it do that through a tree, and it looked so heavenly, I was nearly convicned. =P

Well, I like this one very much - and I sometimes like a bit of a PS challenge (I cannot do anything "big" in PS, that's when I have to ask the real whizzes for help but...) so I tried ... do you like my version?

Puscas_promenade004_myedit.jpg

I too like this shot. The rays really do look heavenly.

I like Corinna's play..it brings out the rays more,and give the photo a nice moody feeling. :)

Thanks for the C&C. And LaFoto, yes this is what I was looking for. The beams look better and indeed it gives the right mood. Thanks!

pascal

thats the sort of shot I've been trying to get for years
Good stuff

WOAH!!! I thought that was the shipyard on the way to West Seattle.

I SWEAR! they both look exactly the same off of Peir 66 in downtown seattle, i'm not even kidding you, i'll try and post a picture of it tomorrow depending on the weather.

OK, not it's not the best picture, but this is what i mean:

off of pier 66 in seattle:

DSC_0018_EDIT.jpg

Grea shot...it just look like haven opened up!!!!

Most reactions

Back