Shocking and humbling.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had the coolest thing happen last night. Just after the Super Bowl, between the end of the game and the trophy presentation. I left the room for a minute and when I come back in the local news channel had one of their ads running. When I rounded the corner to look at the TV, I was shocked. The image being used was one of mine.

I was shocked and humbled that one of my images would be on TV, even if it is local. At first I was doing research wondering 1) if it was mine and 2) how did they get it? Well I can confirm that it was my image and I am pretty sure that they got it from a stock site. (I have that image purchased a few times)

I was pretty excited and honored that one of my images would be selected for something like this. I guess I am getting better. (That or lucky once ;) )

I've probably shared it before but here is the image that they used.

20201622955_6f66b90655_h.jpg

NOTE: I have contacted them this morning to confirm where they got the image just to make sure that everything is okay and that they got it from the stock site.

Very cool! Was this in connection with advertising, or?

It was a commercial for the News cast for the station. I'm trying to find it or find out when they run it again and maybe I can record it or video it with my phone and post that.

It was a commercial for the News cast for the station. I'm trying to find it or find out when they run it again and maybe I can record it or video it with my phone and post that.
Interesting that they would use a stock image; around here, they con people into sending them photos of the local area and use those.

Our local N-W-S has a regular feature wherein viewers send up photographs on FB to the weather dept. They do show the name of the photographer, and some are very good. Clouds, sky, sky with clouds, sunsets, sunrises, snow, hail, etc. They're probably not going to start purchasing any though.

Our local N-W-S has a regular feature wherein viewers send up photographs on FB to the weather dept. They do show the name of the photographer, and some are very good. Clouds, sky, sky with clouds, sunsets, sunrises, snow, hail, etc. They're probably not going to start purchasing any though.
We have the same thing here. "report it now" button. They basically have you report on the news you see.

Interesting that they would use a stock image; around here, they con people into sending them photos of the local area and use those.

I totally agree with you, that is why I was shocked to see it there. I don't think that I've ever submitted any photos to the local TV news channels. (I have been published a number of times in the newspaper that shows images of #MyOklahoma, which they select searching instagram. But they contact you and ask for permission to print your images.)

They have that stuff here too but this was for an commercial, and they did not contact me, so that is what makes me think it was from the stock site.

We have the same thing here. "report it now" button. They basically have you report on the news you see.

Agreed, you can submit images but I have not done any of that and this image isn't really a report it now type of image.

Very cool suprise! That is a pleasing image.

Beautiful image. Congrats!

Very cool suprise! That is a pleasing image.

Thank you.

Beautiful image. Congrats!

Thank you.

I contacted them and confirmed that it was taken from a stock site. They were very nice and sent me the link to the spot. I will be sharing that later today. The spot will run at various times for a while this year.

Awesome Ron congrats.Up your price now to 1 million dollars for any additional purchase because it just became local news famous.Actually make it 2 million because someone paid a million for a potato photo.:thumbyo: an this it much better then a potato.

Awesome Ron congrats.Up your price now to 1 million dollars for any additional purchase because it just became local news famous.Actually make it 2 million because someone paid a million for a potato photo.:thumbyo: an this it much better then a potato.

Thank you. I figured that I would have to raise my prices now. lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back