IWqwT.jpg

3)
mXH6E.jpg

4)
kjnso.jpg

Haven't posted anything in a while.

Last edited:
C&C per req:

1. I don't think white was the best background for white shoe; they're starting to belnd on the LH side, and you've got some harsh sahdow on the interior. I like the use of plexi though!

2. Key was too hot; you've almost blown out the bows on the front and on the background show you've just about lost some of the detail. I think the positioning could use some work. The foreground shoe is good, but I would try moving the background shoe around and to the left so that we were looking at it almost 'toe-on' that way we can see both a frontal and profile view fo the product. Diffuse them lights!!

3. This definitely shouldn't be shot on white. I'm thinking a nice rich red or blue. Again, more diffuse lighting needed; there's a significant loss of interior detail, and harsh specular highlights on the toe.

4. Pretty much as per #3.

They're not bad, but you really need to get more diffusion on your light sources and I think control them a little more; think barn doors and construction-paper flags. Also, unless there's a reason to use it, I would avoid white on white and black on white.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

You could subtract some light camera left of the white shoes to improve the separation from the white background.

To subtract light, use something like a piece of black foam board, poster or construction paper.

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks guys. I just thought that shoes were always supposed to be shot on a white background.

Cool. Thanks guys. I just thought that shoes were always supposed to be shot on a white background.

my professor says when it comes to product photography - no rules. and companies are always sending him "custom paint texture this and that" and "crazy glass" extreme high dollar whiskeys and such for marketing shots

Be careful with light placement. Do you see how much whiter the rear white shoe looks than the nearer white shoe?

Most reactions

Back