Shooting a 50th Birthday

laguano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's going to be a big party and lively, i've been asked to photograph, and i have NO i ideas on what to shoot. Any specific techniques you would use in an indoor venue. Please move if in wrong section.

cake, people interacting, opening gifts up, look for funny reaction moments. Just be aware of your surroundings and try to capture the event as in unfolds before you.

Be creative. Be prepared (Battery charged? Right lenses? Memory cleared so you can take lots of pictures?) Take lots of shots. Keep equipment close by. (Hire somebody - some kid - to carry your stuff around? Could hand you lenses ... carefully.) Can you go practice where the event will be?

Be creative!

Don't wait for the formalities to begin. Bride shopping. Groom being restrained (from leaving) by Best Man. Get that garter. Bride and mother. Groom and ex-girlfriend. Pre wedding dinner?

Be creative!!!

Have fun. Go look at other wedding shots.... Take a million pictures. (Don't do any drinking. Don't drop your camera!) :]

BE CREATIVE!!!!

Don't wait for the formalities to begin. Bride shopping. Groom being restrained (from leaving) by Best Man. Get that garter. Bride and mother. Groom and ex-girlfriend. Pre wedding dinner?

Have fun. Go look at other wedding shots.... Take a million pictures. (Don't do any drinking. Don't drop your camera!) :]

I read 50th Birthday.

As mentioned already, go to the venue and work out the lighting. Also go to a mall or some other heavily pedestrian area and try your hand at taking quick shots of candids. This may help you narrow down shutter speeds and aperture as well as compositions. But mainly to train yourself to be quick on the draw. The practice and memories of the excersize can only be of a benefit to you. This is only a hypothesis of mine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back